Background and activities
My research activity make use of integrated multi-omics technology (metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, genomics) to study tissue samples and biofluids (urine, blood) from large-scale biobanks from prostate cancer patients. Important methodologies are MR spectroscopy (HR MAS MRS), MS MALDI-imaging, RNA sequencing and immunohistochemistry. The main research aim is to discover and validate biomarkers and molecular signatures for separating aggressive from indolent prostate cancer.
I am currently the PI of the ERC funded starting grant “ProstOmics” (grant agreement No 758306)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Metabolic alterations in tissues and biofluids of patients with prostate cancer. Current Opinion in Endocrine and Metabolic Research. vol. 10.
- (2020) Simultaneous detection of zinc and its pathway metabolites using MALDI MS imaging of prostate tissue. Analytical Chemistry. vol. 92 (4).
- (2020) Detection of recurrent prostate cancer with 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI. Frontiers in Oncology.
- (2019) Simultaneous detection of the cancer biomarkers zinc and citrate in prostate cancer tissue using mass spectrometry imaging. European urology. Supplement. vol. 18 (8).
- (2019) The effect of sampling procedures and day-to-day variations in metabolomics studies of biofluids. Analytica Chimica Acta. vol. 1081.
- (2019) Biomarker discovery using NMR based metabolomics of tissue. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 2037.
- (2019) Detectable biomarkers in urine for prostate cancer prognosis. European urology. Supplement. vol. 18 (8).
- (2018) Integrative metabolic and transcriptomic profiling of prostate cancer tissue containing reactive stroma. Scientific Reports. vol. 8:14269.
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2018) NMR-based metabolomics of biofluids in cancer. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 32 (10).
- (2018) Cholesterol synthesis pathway genes in prostate cancer are transcriptionally downregulated when tissue confounding is minimized. BMC Cancer. vol. 18 (478).
- (2018) 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI for preoperative lymph node staging in high-risk prostate cancer patients. European Radiology.
- (2017) Ex vivo metabolic fingerprinting identifies biomarkers predictive of prostate cancer recurrence following radical prostatectomy. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 117 (11).
- (2017) Combined 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI shows potential for detection and characterization of high-risk prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (5).
- (2017) SFRP4 gene expression is increased in aggressive prostate cancer. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2016) A PET/MRI study towards finding the optimal [18F]Fluciclovine PET protocol for detection and characterisation of primary prostate cancer. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- (2016) Presence of TMPRSS2-ERG is associated with alterations of the metabolic profile in human prostate cancer. OncoTarget.
- (2016) MR-metabolomikk i jakten på biomarkører. Bioingeniøren. vol. 9.
- (2016) A novel non-canonical Wnt signature for prostate cancer aggressiveness. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (6).
- (2016) Tissue microstructure is linked to MRI parameters and metabolite levels in prostate cancer. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 6:146.