Background and activities
May-Britt Tessem is currently a research scientist working in the MR Cancer Group at ISB, NTNU. Her main research field is in MR related projects concerning prostate cancer, both ex vivo high-resolution magic angle spinning (HR-MAS) on tissue samples, in vivo multiparametric MRI/MRS and MR metabolomics on biofluids. Other interests are gene expression and immunohistochemistry related to prostate cancer research.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2018) NMR-based metabolomics of biofluids in cancer. NMR in Biomedicine.
- (2018) Cholesterol synthesis pathway genes in prostate cancer are transcriptionally downregulated when tissue confounding is minimized. BMC Cancer. vol. 18:478.
- (2018) 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI for preoperative lymph node staging in high-risk prostate cancer patients. European Radiology.
- (2017) Ex vivo metabolic fingerprinting identifies biomarkers predictive of prostate cancer recurrence following radical prostatectomy. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 117 (11).
- (2017) Combined 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI shows potential for detection and characterization of high-risk prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (5).
- (2017) SFRP4 gene expression is increased in aggressive prostate cancer. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2016) A PET/MRI study towards finding the optimal [18F]Fluciclovine PET protocol for detection and characterisation of primary prostate cancer. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- (2016) Presence of TMPRSS2-ERG is associated with alterations of the metabolic profile in human prostate cancer. OncoTarget.
- (2016) MR-metabolomikk i jakten på biomarkører. Bioingeniøren. vol. 9.
- (2016) A novel non-canonical Wnt signature for prostate cancer aggressiveness. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (6).
- (2016) Tissue microstructure is linked to MRI parameters and metabolite levels in prostate cancer. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 6:146.
- (2016) A balanced tissue composition reveals new metabolic and gene expression markers in prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) Metabolic markers in blood can separate prostate cancer from benign prostatic hyperplasia. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 113.
- (2014) Identification of Metabolites from 2D 1H-13C HSQC NMR using Peak Correlation Plots. BMC Bioinformatics. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) Gene signatures ESC, MYC and ERG-fusion are early markers of a potentially dangerous subtype of prostate cancer. BMC Medical Genomics. vol. 7 (50).
- (2013) Spermine and Citrate as Metabolic Biomarkers for Assessing Prostate Cancer Aggressiveness. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (4).
- (2013) Spatially matched in vivo and ex vivo MR metabolic profiles of prostate cancer - investigation of a correlation with Gleason score. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 26 (5).
- (2012) Citrat og Spermin som markører for aggressiv prostatakreft. Vitenskapelige forhandlinger / De norske kirurgiske foreninger.
- (2012) Changes in Gene Transcription Underlying the Aberrant Citrate and Choline Metabolism in Human Prostate Cancer Samples. Clinical Cancer Research. vol. 18 (12).