Background and activities
Researcher at the Centre for sport facilities and technology (in collaboration with the Centre for Elite Sports Research)
PhD in Health Science with focus on impact absorption and traction on artificial turf (2014)
The focus of my research is on surface-athlete interaction, as well as technique, strength, and performance in sports, primarily through biomechanical analysis
- Impact absorption and traction of artificial turf systems
- Technique and performance in paralympic sports
- Strength and performance in sport-specific movements in handball
- Shooting technique in biathlon
- The mechanics of sprint running
I have previously lectured at the Human Movement Science study program, primarily in biomechanics and methodological courses (experimental methods, data analysis)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Comparison of physiological and biomechanical responses to flat and uphill cross-country sit-skiing in able-bodied athletes. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance (IJSPP).
- (2020) Player load in male elite soccer: Comparisons of patterns between matches and positions. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (9).
- (2020) Strength Determinants of Jump Height in the Jump Throw Movement in Women Handball Players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 34 (10).
- (2019) Mechanical energetics and dynamics of uphill double-poling on roller-skis at different incline-speed combinations. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (2).
- (2019) Sprint running: from fundamental mechanics to practice -a review. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 119 (6).
- (2019) Is There a Trade-Off Between Maximum Jumping and Throwing Capability in the Handball Jump Throw?. Sage Open. vol. 9 (3).
- (2018) On the importance of “front-side mechanics” in athletics sprinting. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance (IJSPP). vol. 13 (4).
- (2017) The effect of exercise intensity on joint power and dynamics in ergometer double-poling performed by cross-country skiers. Human Movement Science. vol. 57.
- (2017) Kinematic stride cycle asymmetry is not associated with sprint performance and injury prevalence in athletic sprinters. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 28 (3).
- (2016) On the existence of step-to-step breakpoint transitions in accelerated sprinting. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (7).
- (2014) On the "trench effect" theory: A biomechanical analysis of the relationship between traction and shoe orientation on third-generation artificial turf. Footwear Science. vol. 6 (1).
- (2013) Biomechanical analysis of traction at the shoe-surface interface on third-generation artificial turf. Sports Engineering. vol. 16 (2).
- (2012) Biomechanical Analysis of Surface-Athlete Impacts on Third-Generation Artificial Turf. American Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 41 (1).
- (2012) Biomechanical analysis of traction at the shoe-surface interface on third generation artificial turf. Procedia Engineering. vol. 34.
- (2011) The effect of cadence on timing of muscle activation and mechanical output in cycling: On the activation dynamics hypothesis. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 21 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Biomekanikk og bevegelse. Idrettsvitenskap : perspektiver og praksis.
- (2009) The effect of body orientation om cycling technique. 14th Annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science, ECSS Oslo 09, Book of Abstracts.