Mette Rica Geiker
Background and activities
Professional Experience: 1984: Technical Advisor, Aalborg Cement Factory, Denmark; 1985-87: Project Engineer, COWIconsult, Denmark; 1987-1989: Consultant for Golden Bay Cement Co. Ltd., New Zealand; 1989-1991: Chemical Engineer/Project Manager, G.M. Idorn Consult A/S, Denmark; 1991-1999: Senior Engineer COWI, Denmark,1999-2012: Associate Professor, Technical University of Denmark (DTU); 2010-: Professor, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Scientific focus area: structure–property relationships, porosity characterisation, cementitious materials, fresh concrete properties, property development, solid/pore-liquid interaction, durability, reinforcement corrosion, sustainability.
Supervision of students
- PhD theses supervisor: 26 in total. Main supervisor for 12, co-supervisor for 14. Current: Main supervisor for 2. Co-supervisor for 7 (3 at NTNU, 3 at DTU, 1 at Århus Univ.)
- Post Docs supervisor: 2, 1 ongoing at NTNU
- TRANSCEND, Marie Curie Initial Training Network, European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) grant agreement 264448 (Training Manager - courses)
- NANOCEM, Marie Curie Research Training Network (Training Manager)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Screening of untreated municipal solid waste incineration fly ash for use in cement-based materials: chemical and physical properties. SN Applied Sciences.
- (2020) Non-destructive Test Methods for Corrosion Detection in Reinforced Concrete Structures. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 62 (1).
- (2020) Durability of cracked SFRC exposed to wet-dry cycles of chlorides and carbon dioxide – Multiscale deterioration phenomena. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 135.
- (2020) A numerical investigation of the cracking behaviour of reinforced-concrete tie elements. Magazine of Concrete Research. vol. 72 (3).
- (2020) Analytical Calculation Model for Predicting Cracking Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Ties. Journal of Structural Engineering. vol. 146 (2).
- (2020) Probabilistic Design of Sustainable Reinforced Concrete Infrastructure Repairs Using SIPmath. Frontiers in Built Environment. vol. 6.
- (2019) The effect of the steel-concrete interface on chlorideinduced corrosion initiation in concrete: a critical review by RILEM TC 262-SCI. Materials and Structures. vol. 52 (88).
- (2019) Macrocell corrosion in carbonated Portland and Portland-fly ash concrete - Contribution and mechanism. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 116.
- (2019) Mineralogical Sequence of Self-Healing Products in Cracked Marine Concrete. Minerals. vol. 9 (5).
- (2019) Comparing chloride ingress from seawater and NaCl solution in Portland cement mortar. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 115.
- (2019) Effect of carbonation on the pore solution of mortar. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 118.
- (2019) Clays as SCM – Reactivity of Uncalcined Kaolinite and Bentonite, and Impact on Phase Assemblage and Strength Development of PC Mortars. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 60 (1).
- (2019) Limit states for sustainable reinforced concrete structures. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 122.
- (2019) Recommended practice for reporting experimental data produced from studies on corrosion of steel in cementitious systems. RILEM Technical Letters. vol. 4.
- (2019) Sulfate resistance of calcined clay – Limestone – Portland cements. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 116.
- (2019) Impact of production parameters on physiochemical characteristics of wood ash for possible utilisation in cement-based materials. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. vol. 145.
- (2019) Modified cracked membrane model for consistent crack width predictions of reinforced concrete structures subjected to in-plane loading. Engineering structures. vol. 196.
- (2018) Impact of Accelerated Carbonation on Microstructure and Phase Assemblage. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 59 (2).
- (2018) Electrical resistivity measurements in steel fibre reinforced cementitious materials. Cement & Concrete Composites. vol. 89.
- (2018) The effect of calcium lignosulfonate on ettringite formation in cement paste. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 107.