Background and activities
Researcher in the IMTEL group at the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning
1. Coordinator of the R&D project «Virtuelle praksisplasser VR/AR: videreføring og utprøving»
2. Coordinator of the VR Lab Dragvoll
3. Coordinator of the EU project "Digital Competences for Language Teaching" DC4LT (2018-2021)
4. Coordinator of the EU project "Doctoral Education for Technology-Enhanced Learning" DETEL (2019-2022)
5. Coordinator of the EU project "Educational Robotics at Schools Online with Augmented Reality" eROBSON (2021-2023)
6. Coordinator of the EU project "Virtual Reality for Vocational Education and Training" VR4VET (2022-2024)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) What do they TEL(L)? A systematic analysis of master programs in technology-enhanced learning. International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education. vol. 19.
- (2020) Pandemic-induced constraints on rapid transformation to digital education. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2676.
- (2020) Interdisciplinary Doctoral Training in Technology-Enhanced Learning in Europe. Frontiers in Education. vol. 5.
- (2020) Digital Competences for Language Teachers: Do Employers Seek the Skills Needed from Language Teachers Today?. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
- (2019) Job Interview Training in Virtual Reality: Evaluation in Laboratory Settings. Immersive Learning Research Network.
- (2018) Conceptual framework for therapeutic training with biofeedback in Virtual Reality: first evaluation of a relaxation simulator. The Journal of Interactive Learning Research. vol. 29 (1).
- (2017) Reflections on design of active learning module for training emergency management professionals in virtual reality. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) Boundary objects in collaborative work and learning. Information Systems Frontiers. vol. 18 (1).
- (2015) Creating safe and effective learning environment for emergency management training using virtual reality. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 23 (1).
- (2014) Increasing immersiveness into a 3D virtual world : motion-tracking and natural navigation in vAcademia. IERI procedia. vol. 7.
- (2014) Preparing for International Operations and Developing Scenarios for Inter-cultural Communication in a Cyberworld: A Norwegian Army Example. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8490.
- (2014) Collaborative Work and Learning with Large Amount of Graphical Content in a 3D Virtual World Using Texture Generation Model Built on Stream Processors. International Journal of Multimedia Data Engineering and Management. vol. 5 (2).
- (2013) Asynchronous Immersive Classes in a 3D Virtual World: Extended Description of vAcademia. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 7848.
- (2012) Educational visualizations in 3D collaborative virtual environments: a methodology. Interactive Technology and Smart Education. vol. 9 (1).
- (2012) Learning Computer-Mediated Cooperation in 3D Visualization Projects. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 7467.
- (2011) Virtual Campus in the Context of an Educational Virtual City. The Journal of Interactive Learning Research. vol. 22 (2).
- (2010) Learning in Technology-Rich Environments: Second Life vs. Moodle. Software Engineering and Applications. vol. 688.
- (2010) Working on Educational Content in 3D Collaborative Virtual Environments: Challenges and Implications. Software Engineering and Applications. vol. 709.
- (2010) Virtual Campus of NTNU as an Arena for Educational Activities. Software Engineering and Applications. vol. 688.