Background and activities
Mogahid Osman is a PhD Candidate at the Energy and Process Engineering department at NTNU (since January 2017). He is working on a research project focus on developing a promising technology for CO2 capture process. The project aimed to demonstrate the technical and economic attractiveness of a novel reactor concept based on the principle of chemical looping process, which forms the basis for numerous solutions for highly efficient energy conversion with integrated CO2capture. Prior to his PhD study, he obtained a Bachelor degree and Master degree in Chemical Engineering. Afterward, he worked for three years as a Research Engineer at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (Saudi Arabia), in which he involved in an industrial research project collaborative with UOP-Honeywell Company developing a new process for para-xylene production.
Current Research Project: “A pressurized Internally Circulating Reactor (ICR) for cost-effective power production with integrated CO2 capture”
- The project aimed to demonstrate the technical and economic attractiveness of a pressurized Internally Circulating Reactor (ICR) through dedicated experimental studies.
- The design of the ICR concept is based on the principle of chemical looping, which forms the basis for numerous solutions for highly efficient energy conversion with integrated CO2 capture.
- The ICR concept is a promising novel reactor configuration that have the potential to simplify the design, accelerate the commercialization, reduce the process cost, and pressurized the operation of chemical looping processes.
- The project is a collaboration between NTNU and SINTEF Industry, and funded under the Research Council of Norway’s CLIMIT program.
- CO2 Capture process
- Chemical Looping Technology
- Fluidization Engineering
- Reaction Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Heterogeneous Catalysis
Research Engineer (February 2014 to December 2016)
- Center for Refinery and Petrochemicals (UOP-Honeywell research Lab) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Research Assistant (December 2011 to January 2014)
- Center for Refinery and Petrochemicals, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Teaching Assistant (October 2010 to October 2011)
- Chemical Engineering Department, University of Khartoum, Sudan
- M.Sc., Chemical Engineering (First Distinction), January, 2014, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering (First Class Honors), September 2010, University of Khartoum, Sudan
My publications can be found at:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database