Background and activities
Dr Amin's research activities mainly focus on power electronics application to power system, distributed generation, renewable energy integration, HVDC transmission, FACTS, microgrid, smart grids, hybrid or fully electric vehicles, robust control theory for power electronics system, process control, and embedded systems. His vision is to develop a top research center that fully explores the beauty of seamless integration of control and power electronics and addresses fundamental problems in various electric power systems, with strong support from funding bodies and industrial companies.
ELK21-Electronics for Control of Power
TET4180-Power System Stability and Control
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A Gray-Box Method for Stability and Controller Parameter Estimation in HVDC-Connected Wind Farms Based on Nonparametric Impedance. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 66 (3).
- (2019) Resynchronization of Distributed Generation based on the Universal Droop Controller for Seamless Transfer Between Operation Modes. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print).
- (2017) Small-Signal Stability Assessment of Power Electronics based Power Systems: A Discussion of Impedance- and Eigenvalue-based Methods. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 53 (5).
- (2017) Understanding the origin of oscillatory phenomena observed between wind farms and HVDC systems. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Impact of power flow direction on the stability of VSC-HVDC seen from the impedance nyquist plot. IEEE transactions on power electronics. vol. 32 (10).
- (2017) Self-synchronisation of Wind Farm in MMC-based HVDC System: A Stability Investigation. IEEE transactions on energy conversion. vol. 32 (2).
- (2017) Sub-synchronous Oscillation Mechanism and Its Suppression in MMC-Based HVDC Connected Wind Farms. IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution. vol. 12 (4).
- (2016) Understanding the origin of oscillatory phenomena observed between wind farms and HVdc systems. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 5 (1).
- (2016) Impact of Power Flow Direction on the Stability of VSC-HVDC Seen from the Impedances Nyquist Plot. IEEE transactions on power electronics.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Nyquist Stability Criterion and its Application to Power Electronics Systems. Wiley Encyclopedia of Eletrical and Electronics Engineering.
- (2019) Impedance Modeling and Stability Analysis of Grid-tied Universal Droop Control Inverter. 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE).
- (2019) Re-synchronization of Universal Droop Control Distributed Generation Inverter to the Grid. 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE).
- (2018) Impedance-Based Stability Evaluation of Virtual Synchronous Machine Implementations in Converter Controllers. The 2018 International Power Electronics Conference - IPEC -Niigata, 2018 ECCE Asia.
- (2016) Self-synchronisation of wind farm in MMC-based HVDC system. Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC), 2016 IEEE.
- (2016) Active power flow direction effect on stability in multi-terminal VSC-HVDC transmission system in integrating wind farm. 2016 IEEE 17th Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics, COMPEL 2016 : Proceedings.
- (2016) Distantaneous frequency tracking of harmonic distortions for grid impedance identification based on Kalman filtering. 2016 IEEE 17th Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics, COMPEL 2016 : Proceedings.
- (2016) Apparent impedance analysis: A new method for power system stability analysis. 2016 IEEE 17th Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics, COMPEL 2016 : Proceedings.
- (2015) Impedance based stability analysis of VSC-based HVDC system. PowerTech Eindhoven 2015.
- (2015) Oscillatory phenomena between wind farms and HVDC systems: The impact of control. 2015 IEEE 16th Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics (COMPEL).
- (2015) Impact of state-space modelling fidelity on the small-signal dynamics of VSC-HVDC systems. 11th IET International Conference on AC and DC Power Transmission 2015 (IET ACDC 2015).