Morten Smedsrud Wigen
Background and activities
My research involves development of new ultrasound methods used in echocardiography, with emphasis on complex blood flow imaging and tissue characteristics in 2D and 3D.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Ventriculo-arterial interaction may be assessed by Oscillatory Power Fraction. Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging. vol. 39 (5).
- (2018) Quantitative vascular blood flow imaging: A comparison of vector velocity estimation schemes. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2018-October.
- (2018) A fast 4D B-spline framework for model-based reconstruction and regularization in vector flow imaging. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2018-October.
- (2018) 4-D Intracardiac Ultrasound Vector Flow Imaging-Feasibility and Comparison to Phase-Contrast MRI. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 37 (12).
- (2017) In vivo intracardiac vector flow imaging using phased array transducers for pediatric cardiology. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 64 (9).
- (2017) In-vivo 3D cardiac vector flow imaging - A comparison between ultrasound and phase-contrast MRI. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2016) Detailed flow visualization in fetal and neonatal hearts using 2-D speckle tracking. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2016-November.
- (2016) Model-based estimation of intra-cardiac blood flow velocities using an unscented Kalman filter. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2016) In vivo three-dimensional intra-cardiac vector flow imaging using a 2D matrix array transducer. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2016-November.
- (2019) 4D ultrasound vector flow imaging for intraventricular flow assessment. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-3681-5.