Background and activities
Muhammad Salman Siddiqui is currently a doctorate student at Norwegian University of Sciences & Technology. He is also working as a Research Scientist with SINTEF ICT applied mathematics group. His research includes energy harvesting with offshore wind turbines and computational fluid dynamics analysis using Reynolds Average Navier Strokes(RANS) and Large Eddy Simulations(LES) techniques. He also specializes in developing stochastic and reduce order models for wind energy applications. He has published over 20 research articles in international journals and conference proceedings.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A step towards reduced order modelling of flow characterized by wakes using Proper Orthogonal Decomposition. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Influence of Tip Speed Ratio on Wake Flow Characteristics Utilizing Fully Resolved CFD Methodology. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 854:012043.
- (2017) Quasi-Static & Dynamic Numerical Modeling of Full Scale NREL 5MW Wind Turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) A full-scale 3D Vs 2.5D Vs 2D analysis of flow pattern and forces for an industrial-scale 5MW NREL reference wind-turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Near wake region of an industrial scale wind turbine: comparing LES-ALM with LES-SMI simulations using data mining (POD). Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 854:012044.
- (2017) Industrial scale turbine and associated wake development-comparison of RANS based Actuator Line Vs Sliding Mesh Interface Vs Multiple Reference Frame method. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2016) Numerical analysis of NREL 5MW wind turbine: a study towards a better understanding of wake characteristic and torque generation mechanism. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753 (3).
- (2015) Effect of turbulence intensity on the performance of an offshore vertical axis wind turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 80.
- (2015) Reduced-Order Modeling of Torque on a Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine at Varying Tip-Speed Ratios. Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics. vol. 10.
- (2015) Quantification of the Effects of Geometric Approximations on the Performance of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine: A Numerical Approach. Renewable Energy.
Part of book/report
- (2017) On interactions between wind turbines and the marine boundary layer. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 10: Ocean Renewable Energy.
- (2017) Numerical Modeling Framework for Wind Turbine Analysis & Atmospheric Boundary Layer Interaction. 35th Wind Energy Symposium, Grapevine, Texas, 9 - 13 January 2017.