Background and activities
Heterogeneous Catalysis by supported nanoparticles: Catalyst deactivation and structure-performance relationships, Fischer - Tropsch Synthesis, X-to-Liquids processes (X=Gas, Biomass, Sun, Power), Catalytic chemistry of Cobalt.
Materials characterisation: In situ and operando catalyst characterisation, electromagnetic radiation and matter, multi-technique and synchrotron X-ray approaches, Advanced chemometric data analysis protocols.
H2 production: Sorption enhanced steam reforming (Blue/Green H2), Solar thermo-chemical H2O splitting (Green H2).
2011: PhD, Chemical Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway.
2007: MPhil, Industrial Chemistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (UoA), Greece.
- Researcher at SINTEF Industry, Department of Process Technology (2021– Today).
- Visiting researcher at NTNU, Department of Chemical Engineering (2021– Today).
- Researcher at NTNU, Department of Chemical Engineering (2018 – 2021).
- Project coordinator and Vice director (2017) at the industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation (iCSI) Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI), NTNU. (2017-2019)
- Postdoctoral fellow at NTNU, Department of Chemical Engineering, KinCat group (2012 – 2016).
- Visiting researcher at Statoil R&D centre, Department of Gas Conversions (2010).
- Research fellow at NTNU, Department of Chemical Engineering, KinCat group (2008 – 2011).
- Laboratory teaching assistant, Department of Petroleum & Natural Gas Technology, EMaTTech, Kavala, Greece. (2005 – 2007)
- Trainee in the Institute of Physical Chemistry, “Demokritos”, Athens, Greece (2003).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Fluxgate Configuration for Obtaining Magnetic Properties of Catalytic Nanoparticles: A Feasibility Study. 2020 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC) . IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society; 2020-05-25 - 2020-05-28.
- (2019) Aspen Plus simulations of Steam Ethanol Reforming and promoted Co-Ni/Hydrotalcite structures: Process and catalyst optimization. The Norwegian Catalysis Symposium 2019 . University of Bergen; Bergen. 2019-12-05 - 2019-12-06.
- (2019) Extra pure hydrogen production for mobile applications An integrated approach. NTNU Team Hydrogen Annual Workshop ; 2019-12-02 - 2019-12-03.
- (2019) Steam Ethanol Reforming on Promoted Co-Ni/Hydrotalcite Structures: Catalyst Optimization. 2019 North American Catalysis Society Meeting ; Chicago. 2019-06-23 - 2019-06-28.
- (2019) Structure-Performance Relationships on Co-Based Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis: The Impact of H2-CO-H2 Activation Treatment. 2019 North American Catalysis Society Meeting ; Chicago. 2019-06-23 - 2019-06-28.
- (2018) The impact of sequential H2-CO-H2 activation treatment on the structure and performance of cobalt based catalysts for the Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Applied Catalysis A : General. vol. 549.
- (2018) Water as key to activity and selectivity in Co Fischer-Tropsch synthesis: γ-alumina based structure-performance relationships. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 365.
- (2018) Hydrophobic catalyst support surfaces by silylation of γ-alumina for Co/Re Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Catalysis Today. vol. 299.
- (2018) Structure-performance relationships on Co based Fischer–Tropsch synthesis catalysts: The more defect free, the better. ACS Catalysis. vol. 9.
- (2017) Evaluation of Reoxidation Thresholds for γ-Al2O3-Supported Cobalt Catalysts under Fischer - Tropsch Synthesis Conditions. Journal of the American Chemical Society. vol. 139 (10).
- (2016) The effect of CO pre-treatment on a Co/Re /γ-Al2O3 catalyst for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. 11th Natural Gas Conversion Symposium . Natural Gas Conversion Board / NTNU; Tromsø. 2016-06-06 - 2016-06-09.
- (2016) On the selectivity to higher hydrocarbons in Co-based Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Catalysis Today. vol. 261.
- (2016) Capturing metal-support interactions in situ during the reduction of a Re promoted Co/γ-Al2O3 catalyst. Chemical Communications. vol. 52 (15).
- (2015) Catalyst characterisation techniques and reaction cells operating at realistic conditions; towards acquisition of kinetically relevant information. Catalysis Science & Technology. vol. 5 (11).
- (2014) A combined in situ XAS-XRPF-Raman study of Fischer-Tropsch synthesis over a carbon supported cobalt catalyst. 6th International Symposium on Carbon for Catalysis . KinCat; Trondheim. 2014-06-22 - 2014-06-25.
- (2014) X-ray absorption, X-ray diffraction and electron microscopy study of spent cobalt based catalyst in semi-commercial scale Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Applied Catalysis A : General. vol. 479.
- (2014) In situ monitoring of cobalt supported catalysts for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis under realistic activation, reaction and regeneration conditions. 16th Nordic Symposium on Catalysis (NSC2014) ; Oslo. 2014-06-15 - 2014-06-17.
- (2014) The state and location of Re in Co–Re/Al2O3catalysts duringFischer–Tropsch synthesis: Exploring high-energy XAFS for in situcatalysts characterisation. Catalysis Today. vol. 229.
- (2014) Multivariate curve resolution applied to in situ X-ray absorption spectroscopy data: An efficient tool for data processing and analysis. Analytica Chimica Acta. vol. 840.
- (2013) A combined in situ XAS-XRPD-Raman study in Fischer-Tropsch synthesis over a carbon supported Co catalyst. Catalysis Today. vol. 205.
- (2013) Investigations on the deactivation and regeneration of Co-based Fischer-Tropsch synthesis catalysts. XIth European Congress on Catalysis (Europacat) ; Lyon. 2013-09-01 - 2013-09-06.
- (2012) A combined in situ XAS-XRPD-Raman study of Fischer-Tropsch synthesis over a carbon supported Co catalyst. Catalysis Today.
- (2012) Phase transformations throughout the induction period of γ-Al2O3 supported cobalt based Fischer-Tropsch catalysts. 15th International Congress on Catalysis (ICC 2012) ; Munich. 2012-07-01 - 2012-07-06.
- (2012) Fischer-Tropsch synthesis: An XAS/XRPD combined in situ from catalyst activation to deactivation. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 291.
- (2012) In situ investigations of the initial deactivation in Co-based Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Syngas Convention ; Cape Town. 2012-04-01 - 2012-04-04.
- (2011) Deactivation of cobalt based Fischer-Tropsch synthesis catalysts. 2011. ISBN 978-82-471-3183-1.
- (2011) An operando study of Co-based Fischer-Tropsch synthesis catalysts. EuropaCat X ; Glasgow, Scotland. 2011-08-28 - 2011-09-02.
- (2010) Combined XRD and XANES studies of a Re-promoted Co/γ-Al2O3 catalyst at Fischer-Tropsch synthesis conditions. Catalysis Today. vol. 155 (3-4).
- (2010) Deactivation of cobalt based Fischer-Tropsch catalysts: A review. Catalysis Today. vol. 154 (3-4).
- (2010) Co-based Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis: an Operando study from catalyst activation to deactivation. 14th Nordic Symposium on Catalysis ; Helsingør. 2010-08-29 - 2010-08-31.
- (2009) Fischer-tropsch synthesis: in situ XRD study throughout reactions start-up. InGap –Nanocat Summerschool in Heterogeneous catalysis: Nano designed catalysts: from molecules to industrial processes ; Trondheim. 2009-06-21 - 2009-06-26.
- (2009) Deactivation studies on Re promoted Co/γ-Al2O3 catalysts for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. 11th International Symposium on Catalyst Deactivation . TU Delft; Delft. 2009-10-25 - 2009-10-28.
- (2009) Insights into catalyst deactivation phenomena in Co-based Fischer-Tropsch. Norwegian Catalysis Symposium 2009 ; Trondheim. 2009-11-30 - 2009-12-01.