Nils Kristian Skjærvold
Background and activities
Anesthesiologist, researcher and teacher at Trondheim University Hospital and NTNU.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Visualisation of Limb Movements by Accelerometers in Sedated Patients. Critical Care. vol. 24 (1).
- (2020) Cardiac surgery does not lead to loss of oscillatory components in circulatory signals. Physiological Reports. vol. 8 (9).
- (2018) Transitions Between Circulatory States After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Protocol for an Observational, Prospective Cohort Study. JMIR Research Protocols. vol. 7 (1).
- (2018) Some oscillatory phenomena of blood glucose regulation: An exploratory pilot study in pigs. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) Post cardiac surgery stunning reduces stroke work, but leaves cardiac power output unchanged in patients with normal ejection fraction. Physiological Reports. vol. 6 (13).
- (2017) Swedish-Norwegian co-operation in the treatment of three hypothermia victims: a case report. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 25 (73).
- (2017) Instantaneous frequencies of continuous blood pressure A comparison of the power spectrum, the continuous wavelet transform and the Hilbert-Huang transform. Advances in Adaptive Data Analysis. vol. 9 (4).
- (2017) A pig model of acute right ventricular afterload increase by hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction. BMC Research Notes. vol. 10:2.
- (2017) The coherence of macrocirculation, microcirculation, and tissue metabolic response during nontraumatic hemorrhagic shock in swine. Physiological Reports. vol. 5 (7).
- (2017) Multivariate Analyses and the Bridging of Biology's ‘Math-Gap’. Encyclopedia of analytical chemistry.
- (2016) Intraperitoneal Glucose Sensing is Sometimes Surprisingly Rapid. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 37 (2).
- (2016) Synchronizing thermodilution cardiac output measurements with spontaneous breathing does not improve precision. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (3).
- (2013) Blood Glucose Control Using a Novel Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor and Repetitive Intravenous Insulin Boluses: Exploiting Natural Insulin Pulsatility as a Principle for a Future Artificial Pancreas. International Journal of Endocrinology.
- (2012) Automated Blood Glucose Control - Development and Testing of an Artificial Endocrine Pancreas Using a Novel Intravascular Glucose Monitor and a New Approach to Insulin Pharmacology. 2012. ISBN 978-82-471-3863-2.
- (2012) Comparison of arterial and mixed venous blood glucose levels in hemodynamically unstable pigs: implications for location of a continuous glucose sensor. Acta Diabetologica. vol. 49 (6).
- (2012) Pharmacology of Intravenous Insulin Administration: Implications for Future Closed-Loop Glycemic Control by the Intravenous/Intravenous Route. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. vol. 14 (1).
- (2011) Continuous Measurement of Blood Glucose Validation of a New Intravascular Sensor. Anesthesiology. vol. 114 (1).
- (2004) Distribution of PFGE types of invasive Norwegian group B streptococci in relation to serotypes. Indian Journal of Medical Research (IJMR). vol. 119.