Nils P. Wagner
Background and activities
I work as a research scientist at SINTEF Industry and as an adjunct associate professor in the functional materials and materials chemistry (FACET) research group of NTNU. My main research interest is the understanding and advancing of secondary batteries.
I hold a MSc degree from the university of applied sciences Muenster , Germany and a PhD degree from NTNU. My first contact with NTNU was as an exchange student in 2010 where Prof. Kjell Wiik invited me to do my BSc project under his supervision.
My main collaborators at the department of material science and engineering are Prof. Ann Mari Svensson, Prof. Sverre Magnus Selbach, Prof Kjell Wiik and Assoc. Prof. Sondre Schnell.
- Surface protection of high capacity and high voltage cathodes for Li-ion batteries
- Advanced electrolytes for Li based batteries, liquid, solid polymer and composite electrolytes
- Interaction of biopolymer based binders with the surface of alloying anodes
- Aqueous processing of cathode materials
PhD and master students 1st supervisor:
- Harald Norrud Pollen
PhD and master students 2nd supervisor:
- Frode Håskjold Fagerli
- Henning Kaland
- Elise Ramleth Østli
- Karina Asheim
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Silica from diatom frustules as anode material for Li-ion batteries. RSC Advances. vol. 9.
- (2019) Performance and failure analysis of full cell lithium ion battery with LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 and silicon electrodes. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 437.
- (2019) Silicon anodes for lithium-ion batteries produced from recovered kerf powders. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 414.
- (2016) Photoluminescence of A- and B-site Eu3+-substituted (SrxBa1-x)2CaWyMo1-yO6 phosphors. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. vol. 237.
- (2016) Flame-made Lithium Transition Metal Orthosilicates. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 203.
- (2016) Liquid feed flame spray pyrolysis as alternative synthesis for electrochemically active nanosized Li2MnSiO4. Translational Materials Research. vol. 3 (2).
- (2016) On Vanadium Substitution in Li2MnSiO4/C as Positive Electrode for Li-ion Batteries. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 120 (21).
- (2015) Fe and V substituted Li2MnSiO4/C As Potential Cathode Material for Li-Ion Batteries. ECS Transactions. vol. 64 (22).
- (2015) Effect of carbon content and annealing atmosphere on phase purity and morphology of Li2MnSiO4 synthesized by a PVA assisted sol–gel method. Solid State Ionics. vol. 276.
- (2016) Alternative Li-ion cathodes based on transition metal orthosilicates. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1452-3.