Nils Reidar Bøe Olsen
Background and activities
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Hydraulic Engineering
- Tredimensjonal numerisk modellering av prosesser i reservoarer og innsjøer (prosjekt avsluttet 1999)
Siv. Ing. (MSc), The Norwegian Institute of Technology, 1987.
Dr.ing., The Norwegian Institute of Technology, 1991.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Multiple solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations computing water flow in sand traps. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics. vol. 13 (1).
- (2018) Numerical modelling of bank failures during reservoir draw-down. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 40.
- (2018) Long-time 3D CFD modelling of sedimentation with dredging in a hydropower reservoir. Journal of Soils and Sediments. vol. 18 (9).
- (2017) 3D CFD modelling of velocities and sediment transport in the Iffezheim hydropower reservoir. Hydrology Research. vol. 48 (1).
- (2017) Numerical modelling of downstream-migrating antidunes. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. vol. 42.
- (2015) Flow Analysis of a River Confluence with Field Measurements and Rans Model with Nested Grid Approach. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 31 (1).
- (2015) Calibration of Horizontal Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler by three dimensional CFD simulations. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics. vol. 9 (1).
- (2015) Four free surface algorithms for the 3D Navier-Stokes equations. Journal of Hydroinformatics. vol. 17 (6).
- (2014) A nested grid based computational fluid dynamics model to predict bridge pier scour. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers : Water Management. vol. 167 (5).
- (2014) Numerical analysis of synthetic granulate deposition in a physical model study. International Journal of Sediment Research. vol. 29 (1).
- (2013) Evaluation of Low Reynolds Number Turbulence Models for an Open-Channel Flow over a Rough Bed Using LES Data. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. vol. 139 (6).
- (2013) Channel-bed changes in distributaries of the lake Oyeren delta, southern Norway, revealed by interferometric sidescan sonar. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 93 (1).
- (2013) Three-dimensional measurements and numerical modelling of suspended sediments in a hydropower reservoir. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 479.
- (2013) Numerical Algorithms for Predicting Sediment Slides in Water Reservoirs. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 18 (Y).
- (2012) THREE-DIMENSIONAL RANS MODELING OF FLOW AROUND CIRCULAR PIERS USING NESTED GRIDS. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics. vol. 6 (4).
- (2012) An Efficient Method to Describe the Geometry and the Roughness of an Existing Unlined Hydro Power Tunnel. Energy Procedia. vol. 20.
- (2012) Improvement of fish passage in culverts using CFD. Ecological Engineering: The Journal of Ecotechnology. vol. 47.
- (2012) FINDING FREE SURFACE OF SUPERCRITICAL FLOWS - NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Three-dimensional numerical modelling of reservoir flushing in a prototype scale. International Journal of River Basin Management. vol. 10 (4).
- (2012) Three-dimensional numerical modelling of the flushing process of the Kali Gandaki Hydropower Reservoir. Lakes & Reservoirs: Research and Management. vol. 17 (1).