Background and activities
Nina Holck Sandberg currently works as a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Nina does research within the field of Industrial Ecology, mainly on dynamic modelling of building stock energy use at various scales. Her current projects are 'Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities' (ZEN) and 'Methods for Transparent Energy Planning of Urban Building Stocks' (ExPOSe).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Using a segmented dynamic dwelling stock model for scenario analysis of future energy demand: The dwelling stock of Norway 2016–2050. Energy and Buildings. vol. 146.
- (2016) Dynamic building stock modelling: Application to 11 European countries to support the energy efficiency and retrofit ambitions of the EU. Energy and Buildings. vol. 132.
- (2016) Explaining the historical energy use in dwelling stocks with a segmented dynamic model: case study of Norway 1960-2015. Energy and Buildings. vol. 132.
- (2016) Dynamic building stock modelling: General algorithm and exemplification for Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 132.
- (2016) Dynamic type-cohort-time approach for the analysis of energy reductions strategies in the building stock. Energy and Buildings. vol. 111.
- (2014) Dynamic-MFA examination of Chilean housing stock: long-term changes and earthquake damage. Building Research & Information. vol. 42 (3).
- (2014) Sensitivity analysis in long-term dynamic building stock modeling - Exploring the importance of uncertainty of input parameters in Norwegian segmented dwelling stock model. Energy and Buildings. vol. 85.
- (2014) Using a dynamic segmented model to examine future renovation activities in the Norwegian dwelling stock. Energy and Buildings. vol. 82.
- (2012) Analysis of energy and carbon flows in the future Norwegian dwelling stock. Building Research & Information. vol. 40 (2).
- (2011) Historical energy analysis of the Norwegian dwelling stock. Building Research & Information. vol. 39 (1).
- (2009) Exploring built environment stock metabolism and sustainability by systems analysis approaches. Building Research & Information. vol. 37 (5-6).
Part of book/report
- (2013) Dynamic building stock models as a basis for energy and carbon analyses – Case study on the Norwegian dwelling stock. World Sustainable Energy Days conference. WSED 2013.
- (2017) Dynamic modelling of national dwelling stocks. Understanding phenomena of historical observed energy demand and future estimated energy savings in the Norwegian dwelling stock. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2146-0.
- (2016) Scenario Analyses Concerning Energy Efficiency and Climate Protection in Regional and National Residential Building Stocks. Examples from Nine European Countries. - EPISCOPE Synthesis Report No. 3. 2016. ISBN 978-3-941140-53-0.
- (2014) Fremtidig utvikling i energiforbruk og CO2-utslipp for Norges boligmasse. 2014.