Background and activities
Post-doctoral fellow in the research group Geriatric, Movement and Stroke (GeMS). Working in the project EXACT (Exergaming for active healthy ageing and rehabilitation) founded by NTNU Health with focus on developing health care technology based on the concept of exergames.
I completed my bachelor degree in physical therapy at Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag in 2008. After this, I had my inturnship at theTromsø muncipality and Universitetssykehuset i Nord-Norge. After this I have been working as a physical therapist both in company health service, in my own private practise and at St.Olavs Hospital. I begain my masterdegree in 2009 within Human Movement Sciense at NTNU, where the focus of my degree was on weight-bearing characteristics during standing in adults with Cerebral Palsy. After comleting my masters I have been working within the department before begining my doctoral studies in 2013. The focus of my doctoral is on fall preventive exercise in elderly using exergames and welfare technology, where I`m cooperateing with the EU-project FARSEEING. I finished my doctoral studies in Agust 2016.
- Examining the biomechanics of human movement
- Movement disorder and falls in elderly
- Measuring and effecting balance and physical activity
- PhD in Health Science, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Master in Human Movement Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy, Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
- Physioterapist and owner, Ilen Fysioterapi & Idrett (2011- 2016)
- Lector, NTNU, Department of Human Movement Science (2012-2013)
- Physiotherapist, St.Olavs Hospital, Neurological department (2012-2013)
- Scientific assistent, NTNU, Department of Human Movement Science (2011-2012)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Usability and acceptability of balance exergames in older adults: A scoping review. Health Informatics Journal. vol. 22 (4).
- (2016) Exercise and rehabilitation delivered through exergames in older adults: An integrative review of technologies, safety and efficacy. International Journal of Medical Informatics. vol. 85 (1).
- (2015) An exergame concept for improving balance in elderly people. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 515.
- (2015) Designing for movement quality in exergames: Lessons learned from observing senior citizens playing stepping games. Gerontology. vol. 61 (2).
- (2013) The influence of center-of-mass movements on the variation in the structure of human postural sway. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 46 (3).
- (2012) Foresattes forventninger til småbarn i Norge og Uganda : motorisk utvikling og kulturelle påvirkninger. Fysioterapeuten. vol. 79 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2014) Designing Smart Home Technology for Fall Prevention in Older People. International Conference, HCI International 2014, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, June 22-27, 2014. Proceedings, Part II.
- (2014) Assessing seniors' user experience (UX) of exergames for balance training. NordiCHI '14 : Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational, Oct 26-30 2014, Helsinki, Finland.
- (2014) Designing simplified exergame for muscle and balance training in seniors: a concept of 'out in nature'. PervasiveHealth '14: 8th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare.
- (2015) Bruk av treningsspill blant eldre: egnethet og bevegelseskarakteristikker. Fysioterapikongressen 2015 ; Lillestrøm. 2015-03-04 - 2015-03-06.
- (2015) Exergaming in older adults: The effect of the games on movement characteristics during gameplay. ISPGR World Congress ; Sevilla. 2015-06-28 - 2015-07-02.
- (2015) Investigating older adults stepping movements when playing exergames. MobEx . Alma mater studiorum Universita di Bologna; Bologna. 2015-01-16 - 2015-01-17.
- (2014) Exergaming for fall risk reduction: Investigating older players`movement characteristics. ISPGR World Congress ; Vancouver. 2014-06-29 - 2014-07-03.
- (2014) Exergaming for fall prevention: Investigating usability and players' movement characteristics. MobEx 2014 ; Køln. 2014-01-17 - 2104-01-18.
- (2014) Exergaming in the elderly for fall risk reduction and prevention: Challenges and future directions. ISPGR World Congress ; Vancouver. 2014-06-29 - 2014-07-03.
- (2012) Bipedal asymmetries during relaxed standing reveal postural control deficits in young adults with CP. Joint World Congress of ISPGR and Gait & Mental Function ; Trondheim. 2012-06-24 - 2012-06-28.