Background and activities
My research is in the area of networking, with special emphasis on optical networks. Some important focus areas:
- (Optical) Network architectures
- Signalling and control
- Performance and dependability modelling
- Quality of Service
- Integrated hybrid optical switching architectures
- Passive Optical (access) Networks (PONs)
- Professor Department of information security and communication technology, 2017 -
- Head of Department, Telematics, NTNU, 2005 - 2009.
- Associate professor Department of telematics, NTNU, 1998 - 2017.
- Dr.ing. degree Department of telematics, NTNU in 1997.
- Research scientist, SINTEF, 1984 - 1998.
- Siv.ing. (MSc) degree Department of telematics, NTNU, 1983.
Research area: Networks
- TTM4905 - Communication Technology, Master's Thesis
- TTM4100 - Communication - Services and Networks
- TTM4105 - Access and Transport Networks
- TTM4191 - Fundamentals of Communication Technology and Security for SmartGrid
- TTM4502 - Communication Technology, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Impairment-aware spectrum allocation in elastic optical networks: A dispersion-sensitive approach. Optical fiber technology (Print). vol. 61.
- (2018) Performance of Dispersion-Reduced Wavelength Assignment in Wavelength-Routed Optical Networks. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks. vol. 2018-July.
- (2017) Economic, Dissatisfaction and Reputation Risks of Hardware and Software Failures in PONs. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. vol. 25 (2).
- (2016) Optimized design of delay-line buffers with an input-feedback mechanism for asynchronous optical packet switching networks. Applied Optics. vol. 55 (31).
- (2015) CAPEX and OPEX simulation study of cost-efficient protection mechanisms in passive optical networks. Optical Switching and Networkning Journal. vol. 17.
- (2014) Failure Impact, Availability and Cost Analysis of PONs Based on a Network Geometric Model. Guangzi xuebao. vol. 43 (S1).
- (2014) Cost evolution model to design optical switching fabrics with wavelength converters. Computer Networks.
- (2014) Blocking probabilities in Mulit-service systems with preemptive scheduling. International Conference on Communication Theory, Reliability, and Quality of Service.
- (2014) Performance modeling in multi-service communications systems with preemptive scheduling. Journal of Communications. vol. 9 (6).
- (2012) Contention Resolution Using Parametric Wavelength Converters: Performance and Cost Analysis. GLOBECOM - conference record / IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference.
- (2012) Packet Loss Bounds for Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switches with Limited Range Wavelength Converters. GLOBECOM - conference record / IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference.
- (2011) 3-Level Integrated Hybrid Optical Network (3LIHON) to Meet Future QoS Requirements. GLOBECOM - conference record / IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference.
- (2010) Improving performance in the OpMiGua hybrid network employing the network layer packet redundancy scheme. IET Communications. vol. 4 (3).
- (2006) Conformance Deterioration in QoS Networks: Phenomenon, Analysis and Elimination. Computer Networks. vol. 50 (12).
- (2006) A Packet-Switched Hybrid Optical Network with Service Guarantees. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. vol. 24 (8).
- (2006) Conformance deterioration in QoS networks: Phenomenon, analysis and elimination. Computer Networks. vol. 50 (12).
- (2006) QoS Differentiation in Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switched Networks. Wireless networks. vol. 12 (3).
- (2006) Evaluation of QoS Differentiation Mechanisms in Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switched Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. vol. 44 (8).
- (2005) Burst, packet and hybrid switching in the optical core network. Telektronikk. vol. 101 (2).
- (2005) Techno-Economic Evaluation of Optical Packet/Burst Switching. IEE Conferance publication.