Odd Reidar Gautun
Background and activities
Fields of interests and present research activies
* Synthesis of novel antibiotics inspired by marine natural products
* Methodology for stereoselective organic synthesis
* Organometallic chemistry and asymmetric catalysis
* KJ1020 Organic chemistry basic course with lab (15 SP)
* KJ1021 Organic chemistry basic course without lab (7.5 SP)
* TKJ4520 Organic chemistry, specialization project (coordinator)
* KJ8105 Organometallic compounds in organic synthesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Effect of π-linkers on phenothiazine sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells. Dyes and pigments. vol. 151.
- (2018) Synthesis, characterization and drug loading of multiresponsive p[NIPAm-co-PEGMA] (core)/p[NIPAm-co-AAc] (Shell) nanogels with monodisperse size distributions. Polymers. vol. 10:309 (3).
- (2017) Simple generalized reaction conditions for the conversion of primary aliphatic amines to surfactant-like guanidine salts with 1H-pyrazole carboxamidine hydrochloride. Synthetic Communications. vol. 47 (2).
- (2017) Methyl propiolate and 3-butynone: starting points for synthesis of amphiphilic 1,2,3-triazole peptidomimetics for antimicrobial evaluation. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 25 (20).
- (2017) Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of cationic low molecular weight amphipathic 1,2,3-triazoles. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. vol. 27 (5).
- (2016) Optical Rotation Calculations for a Set of Pyrrole Compounds. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 120.
- (2014) Synthesis of (S)-2-amino-7-methoxytetralin and isoindolo[1,2-a] isoquinolinone derivatives from l-aspartic acid. Tetrahedron. vol. 70 (34).
- (2013) Aryl N-methyliminodiacetic acid (MIDA) boronates from cyclotrimerization of ethynyl MIDA boronate with diynes. Tetrahedron. vol. 69 (37).
- (2012) Cyclotrimerization of unsymmetrically bromo-substituted diynes: toward the synthesis of potential selective inhibitors of tyrosine kinase 2. Tetrahedron. vol. 68 (40).
- (2012) Chiral Hetero- and Carbocyclic Compounds from the Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Cyclic Alkenes. Chemistry - A European Journal. vol. 18 (21).
- (2010) Synthesis of substituted (S)-2-aminotetralins via ring-opening of aziridines prepared from L-aspartic acid beta-tert-butyl ester. Tetrahedron. vol. 66 (46).
- (2010) Asymmetric catalytic aziridination of dihydronaphthalenes for the preparation of substituted 2-aminotetralins. Tetrahedron. vol. 66 (52).
- (2009) The use of two optically active N-sulfinyl alpha-imino esters in the stereoselective aza-Diels-Alder reaction. Tetrahedron. vol. 65 (14).
- (2008) Preparation and evaluation of N-sulfinyl dienophiles for asymmetric hetero-diels-alder reactions. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. vol. 45 (1).
- (2008) Diastereoselective Synthesis of Heteroaromatic Glycine Derivatives. European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- (2007) Asymmetric aza-Diels-Alder reactions of an N-tert-butanesulfinyl alpha-imino ester. Tetrahedron Letters. vol. 48.
- (2006) Catalytic asymmetric hetero Diels-Alder reactions of N-sulfinyl dienophiles with chiral bis(oxazoline)copper(II) and -zinc(II) triflates. European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- (2004) Asymmetric hetero-Diels-Alder reactions of N-sulfinyl dienophiles using chiral bis(oxazoline)-copper(II) and -zinc(II) triflates. Journal of Organic Chemistry. vol. 69.
- (2002) Asymmetric Diels-Alder reactions of N-sulfinyl dienophiles using chiral Ti(IV)Lewis acids. Tetrahedron: asymmetry. vol. 13.
- (2002) DAMMARANE TRITERPENES FROM THE RESINS OF COMMIPHORA CONFUSA. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Ethiopia. vol. 16.