Ole Ivar Sivertsen
Background and activities
About Ole Ivar Sivertsen, Professor
Research interests. Sivertsens research interests cover computer science applied for engineering applications focusing on simulation of behaviour and strength of compound product assemblies. The simulation techniques are based on non-linear Finite Element formulations. The research interests also include Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) for automation and optimization of product designs using KBE and simulation technologies. Research interests also include collaboration technologies and semantics used in enginering design.
Innovation. Sivertsen had a key role in developing the FEDEM code and establishing the Fedem Technology Company.
Virtual Testing og Mechanical Systems, Theories and Techniques, Swets & Zeitlinger Publisher, Lisse, Netherlands, 2001
TMM4225 Configuration and Use of Collaborative Working Environments
TMM4230 Technology for Integrated Operations and Semantic Web
TMM2 Product simulation
TMM14 Technology for Integrated Operations
MM8100 Advanced Product Simulation Based on the Finite Element Method
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Investigating contextual ontologies and document corpus characteristics for information access in engineering settings. Journal of IT Cases and Applications. vol. 19 (1).
- (1992) Multidiscipline simulation of elastic manipulators. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) Automation in the Virtual Testing of Mechanical Systems. Taylor & Francis. 2018. ISBN 9780429879074.
- (2015) Using factors associated with the lean concept in PD for identifying potential for design automation (Knowledge Based Engineering). IEEE conference proceedings. 2015. ISBN 978-1-4673-7156-8.
- (2001) Virtual Testing of Mechanical Systems: Theories and Techniques. 2001. ISBN 90-265-1811-0.
Part of book/report
- (2015) PROPOSED EVALUATION OF THE USE OF K-BRIEFS FOR KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION IN KBE. DS 80-10 Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED 15) Vol 10: Design Information and Knowledge Management Milan, Italy, 27-30.07.15.
- (2015) Using Process Ontologies to Contextualize Recommender Systems in Engineering Projects for Knowledge Access Improvement. Proceedings of the 16th European Conference on Knowledge Management.
- (2014) A knowledge-based engineering approach for offshore process plant design. 2014 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE 2014).
- (2014) Knowledge-based Integrated Product Development. 2014 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE 2014).
- (2014) Intelligent Services: A Semantic Recommender System for Knowledge Representation in Industry. 2014 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE 2014).
- (2013) Virtual Obeya: Collaborative Tools And Approaches To Boost The Use Of Simulators In Concept. Proceedings 27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2013, May 27th - May 30th, 2013, Ålesund, Norway.
- (2013) Virtual Obeya: Collaborative Tools and Approaches Addressing Sources of Waste in Lean Engineering. 19th ICE & IEEE-ITMC International Conference Responsible Innovation and Entrepreneurship Book of Abstracts 24-26 June 2013 The Hague, the Netherlands.
- (2005) Applications of the Physual Designing Network in Extended Teams. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising: 'Integrated Engineering of Products, Services and Organisations'.
- (1998) Parallelization of large mechanical engineering codes : a case study of the multibody simulation package FEDEM. Computational methods in mechanical systems : mechanism ana lysis, synthesis and optimization (NATO ASI series. Series F, Computer and systems sciences.
- (2005) Agile, Visionary, Action-and Innovation-oriented research for reLiable, Adaptive configuration of hyBride coLlaborative working Environments (AVAILABLE). Søknad på Integrert Prosjekt (IP) i Brüssel koordinert fra NTNU. 2005.
- (2001) Klasserommet Som Forskningslaboratorium, Produktutvikling i det virtuell Rom. 2001. ISBN 82-91917-12-4.
- (2001) Produktutvikling i det Virtuelle Rom. 2001. ISBN 82-91917-10-8.
- (1998) Samhandling mellom læresteder og næringsliv - prosjektrettet læring i den digitale tidsalder. 1998.
- (1994) Computer-aided modelling, dynamic simulation and dimensioning of mechanisms. 1: Fundamentals. 1994.
- (1993) Updated multidiscipline simulation : user's guide. 1993. Rapport / ESPRIT-prosjekt # 5524 MDS (D2106).