Vice-Dean Sustainability and Innovation, Acting Vice-Dean Research, ProfessorFaculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Background and activities
Ole-Morten Midtgård (born 1967) is Vice-Dean for Sustainability and Innovation at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, and Professor at the Department of Electric Power Engineering, where he was Head of Department 2017-2021. For the time being he is also acting Vice-Dean for Research. He holds an MSc and a PhD in Electric Power Engineering from 1992 and 1997, respectively. He has been a professor at NTNU since 2012.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) A Review of Machine Learning-Based Photovoltaic Output Power Forecasting: Nordic Context. IEEE Access. vol. 10.
- (2021) Harmonic Virtual Impedance Design for Optimal Management of Power Quality in Microgrids. IEEE transactions on power electronics. vol. 36 (9).
- (2021) Reduced-Order Model of Distributed Generators with Internal Loops and Virtual Impedance. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. vol. 13 (1).
- (2021) Apparent Impedance-Based Adaptive Controller for Improved Stability of Droop-Controlled Microgrid. IEEE transactions on power electronics. vol. 36 (8).
- (2020) Optimized Design of Multi-MHz Frequency Isolated Auxiliary Power Supply for Gate Drivers in Medium-Voltage Converters. IEEE transactions on power electronics. vol. 35 (9).
- (2019) A real-time energy management system for smart grid integrated photovoltaic generation with battery storage. Renewable Energy. vol. 130.
- (2019) Efficiency and Conducted EMI evaluation of a single-phase power factor correction boost converter using state-of-the-art SiC MOSFET and SiC diode. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 55 (6).
- (2019) Merits of SiC MOSFETs for high-frequency soft-switched converters,measurement verifications by both electrial and calorimetric methods. EPE Journal: European Power Electronics and Drives. vol. 29 (4).
- (2018) SiC MOSFETs for Offshore Wind Applications. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1104.
- (2017) Distributed control scheme for residential battery energy storage units coupled with PV systems. Renewable Energy. vol. 113.
- (2016) Optimization of operational cost for a grid-supporting PV system with battery storage. Renewable Energy. vol. 88.
- (2013) Overirradiance (Cloud Enhancement) Events at High Latitudes. IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics. vol. 3 (1).
- (2013) 100-millisecond Resolution for Accurate Overirradiance Measurements. IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics. vol. 3 (4).
- (2012) Application of circuit theory for extraction of water from oil. International journal of circuit theory and applications. vol. 40 (9).
- (2012) Series resistance determination and further characterization of c-Si PV modules. Renewable Energy. vol. 46.
- (2011) Analysis, Modeling and Simulation of Mechatronic Systems using the Bond Graph Method. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 32 (1).
- (2011) A new analytical solar cell I-V curve model. Renewable Energy. vol. 36 (8).
- (2010) A qualitative examination of performance and energy yield of photovoltaic modules in southern Norway. Renewable Energy. vol. 35 (6).
- (2010) A THEORETICAL STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF DEGRADATION CAUSED BY DIFFUSION OVER A 30-YEAR LIFESPAN IN c-Si PV DEVICES. Conference record of the Photovoltaic Specialists Conference.