Background and activities
Ole Øiseth is Associate Professor at the Department of Structural Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Present fields of Interest
Operational modal analysis and system identification
Finite element model updating
Knut Andreas Kvåle: Simulation and full-scale measurements of the behaviour of floating bridges
Øyvind Wiig Petersen: Force identification in bridges using measured dynamic response
Aksel Fenerci: Dynamic modelling and analysis of long span cable-supported bridges subjected to wind loading with emphasis on field measurements
Bartosz Sidziako: Dynamic modeling and analysis of long span bridges subjected to wind loading with emphasis on wind tunnel measurements
Yuwang Xu: Dynamic modelling and analysis of long span cable-supported bridges with floating towers subjected to wind and wave loading
Tor Martin Lystad: Development of efficient and precise methods for wind response predictions used in design calculations for long-span bridges
Henrik Skyvulstad: Modelling of wind loading on bridge decks. An experimental study.
Petter Nåvik: The dynamic behaviour of new and existing railway catenary systems for Norwegian conditions
Gunnstein Frøseth: Estimating Remaining Service Life of Steel Railway Bridges
Tore Helgedagsrud: Numerical modelling of wind forces on bridge decks using state of the art FSI methods.
Finn Idar Giske: Models and Methods for Computation of Loads and Dynamic Response for a Chained Floating Bridge
Thomas Viuff: Modelling and analysis of damping in structural systems
Bjørn Thomas Svendsen: Dynamic analysis and full-scale experiments of existing railway bridges; system identification and damage detection exploring sensor technology and modal analysis
Stefano Derosa: Global structural behaviour and local wear predictions of catenary pantograph interaction by numerical modelling and field measurement validations
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Indirect monitoring of vortex-induced vibration of suspension bridge hangers. Structural Health Monitoring.
- (2018) Strong wind characteristics and dynamic response of a long-span suspension 1 bridge during a storm. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 172.
- (2018) Long-term extreme response analysis of a long-span pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) Estimation of the full-field dynamic response of a floating bridge using Kalman-type filtering algorithms. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 107.
- (2017) Measured Buffeting Response of a Long-Span Suspension Bridge Compared with Numerical Predictions Based on Design Wind Spectra. Journal of Structural Engineering. vol. 143 (9).
- (2017) The Hardanger Bridge monitoring project: Long-term monitoring results and implications on bridge design. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) Long-term monitoring of wind field characteristics and dynamic response of a long-span suspension bridge in complex terrain. Engineering structures. vol. 147.
- (2017) Influence line extraction by deconvolution in the frequency domain. Computers & structures. vol. 189.
- (2017) Efficient computation of cross-spectral densities in the stochastic modelling of waves and wave loads. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 62.
- (2017) Full long-term extreme response analysis of marine structures using inverse FORM. Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics. vol. 50.
- (2017) Long-term stochastic extreme response analysis of floating bridges. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) Structural monitoring of an end-supported pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 52.
- (2017) Covariance-driven stochastic subspace identification of an end-supported pontoon bridge under varying environmental conditions. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series. vol. 2 Part F2.
- (2017) Operational modal analysis of an end-supported pontoon bridge. Engineering structures. vol. 148.
- (2017) Sensitivity-based finite element model updating of a pontoon bridge. Engineering structures. vol. 150.
- (2017) Estimation of the dynamic response of a slender suspension bridge using measured acceleration data. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) On the importance of cross-sectional details in the wind tunnel testing of bridge deck section models. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) An enhanced forced vibration rig for wind tunnel testing of bridge deck section models in arbitrary motion. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 164.
- (2017) Prediction of long-term extreme load effects due to wind for cable-supported bridges using time-domain simulations. Engineering structures. vol. 148.
- (2016) Full-Scale measurements on the hardanger bridge during strong winds. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series. vol. 2.