Ole Andre Øiseth
Background and activities
Ole Øiseth is Professor at the Department of Structural Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Present fields of Interest
Operational modal analysis and system identification
Finite element model updating
Knut Andreas Kvåle: Simulation and full-scale measurements of the behaviour of floating bridges
Øyvind Wiig Petersen: Force identification in bridges using measured dynamic response
Aksel Fenerci: Dynamic modelling and analysis of long span cable-supported bridges subjected to wind loading with emphasis on field measurements
Bartosz Sidziako: Dynamic modeling and analysis of long span bridges subjected to wind loading with emphasis on wind tunnel measurements
Yuwang Xu: Dynamic modelling and analysis of long span cable-supported bridges with floating towers subjected to wind and wave loading
Tor Martin Lystad: Development of efficient and precise methods for wind response predictions used in design calculations for long-span bridges
Henrik Skyvulstad: Modelling of wind loading on bridge decks. An experimental study.
Petter Nåvik: The dynamic behaviour of new and existing railway catenary systems for Norwegian conditions
Gunnstein Frøseth: Estimating Remaining Service Life of Steel Railway Bridges
Tore Helgedagsrud: Numerical modelling of wind forces on bridge decks using state of the art FSI methods.
Finn Idar Giske: Models and Methods for Computation of Loads and Dynamic Response for a Chained Floating Bridge
Thomas Viuff: Modelling and analysis of damping in structural systems
Bjørn Thomas Svendsen: Dynamic analysis and full-scale experiments of existing railway bridges; system identification and damage detection exploring sensor technology and modal analysis
Stefano Derosa: Global structural behaviour and local wear predictions of catenary pantograph interaction by numerical modelling and field measurement validations
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Investigation of dynamic wind loads on a long-span suspension bridge identified from measured acceleration data. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 196.
- (2019) Isogeometric Modeling and Experimental Investigation of Moving-Domain Bridge Aerodynamics. Journal of engineering mechanics. vol. 145 (5).
- (2019) Using ALE-VMS to compute aerodynamic derivatives of bridge sections. Computers & Fluids. vol. 179.
- (2019) Modeling and Simulation of Bridge-Section Buffeting Response in Turbulent Flow. Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences. vol. 29 (5).
- (2019) ALE-VMS methods for wind-resistant design of long-span bridges. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 191.
- (2019) Computational and experimental investigation of free vibration and flutter of bridge decks. Computational Mechanics. vol. 63 (1).
- (2019) Experiences from the five-year monitoring of a long-span pontoon bridge: What went right, what went wrong and what?s next?. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series.
- (2019) Full-scale identification of the wave forces exerted on a floating bridge using inverse methods and directional wave spectrum estimation. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 120.
- (2019) Superposition principle in bridge aerodynamics: Modelling of self-excited forces for bridge decks in random vibrations. Engineering structures. vol. 179.
- (2019) Effects of wave directionality on extreme response for a long end-anchored floating bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 90.
- (2018) Flutter derivatives from free decay tests of a rectangular B/D?=?10 section estimated by optimized system identification methods. Engineering structures. vol. 156.
- (2018) Indirect monitoring of vortex-induced vibration of suspension bridge hangers. Structural Health Monitoring. vol. 17 (4).
- (2018) Site-specific data-driven probabilistic wind field modeling for the wind-induced response prediction of cable-supported bridges. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 181.
- (2018) Strong wind characteristics and dynamic response of a long-span suspension 1 bridge during a storm. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 172.
- (2018) Long-term extreme response analysis of a long-span pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) Evaluation of mast measurements and wind tunnel terrain models to describe spatially variable wind field characteristics for long-span bridge design. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 179.
- (2018) Estimation of the full-field dynamic response of a floating bridge using Kalman-type filtering algorithms. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 107.
- (2018) An enhanced identification procedure to determine the rational functions and aerodynamic derivatives of bridge decks. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 176.
- (2018) Modeling of self-excited forces during multimode flutter: An experimental study. Wind and Structures. vol. 27 (5).
- (2018) Time domain simulations of wind- and wave-induced load effects on a three-span suspension bridge with two floating pylons. Marine Structures. vol. 58.