Ole Andre Øiseth
Background and activities
Ole Øiseth is a full professor in structural dynamics at the Department of Structural Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. He is the head of the structural mechanics research group and the educational coordinator of the study program in civil and environmental engineering. The dynamics of structures subjected to environmental loading is his main research field. He has supervised more than 20 PhD candidates and 80 master students within these research fields since 2012.
Present fields of Interest
Wind Engineering, Marine Engineering, Bridge Engineering, Operational modal analysis and system identification, Finite element model updating, Structural Monitoring
Knut Andreas Kvåle (Active) Dynamic stability of structures subjected to parametric excitation, structural health monitoring
Aksel Fenerci (Active) Dynamic response of floating bridges subjected to wave and wind loading with focus on hydrodynamic interaction between pontoons and full long-term extreme value analysis.
Øyvind Wiig Petersen (Active) Digital twins of structures subjected to environmental loading.
Mingjie Zhang (Active) Flow-induced vibrations of finned tubed bundles in lightweight heat exchangers for gas turbines.
Tor Martin Lystad (Active) Development of efficient and precise methods for wind response predictions used in design calculations for long-span bridges
Henrik Skyvulstad (Active) Modelling of wind loading on bridge decks. An experimental study.
Dario Fernandez Castellon (Active) Probabilistic modelling of the wind field and long-term extreme response assessment of long-span cable-supported bridges.
Niccolo Barni (Active) (Dual degree with the University of Florence) Nonlinear buffeting response of bridge structures in turbulent flow
Oddbjørn Kildal (Active) On the use of an active grid to simulate turbulence for wind tunnel testing of bridge decks.
Anno Christian Dederichs (Active) Digital twins and structural health monitoring of long-span bridges.
Knut Andreas Kvåle (Graduated) Verification of the analysis procedures used to calculate the dynamic response of floating bridges subjected to environmental actions.
Øyvind Wiig Petersen (Graduated) Force identification in bridges using measured dynamic response
Aksel Fenerci (Graduated) Dynamic modelling and analysis of long-span cable-supported bridges subjected to wind loading: emphasis on field measurements.
Bartosz Siedziako (Graduated) Dynamic modelling and analysis of long-span cable-supported bridges subjected to wind loading: emphasis on wind tunnel testing.
Yuwang Xu (Graduated) Dynamic modelling and analysis of long-span cable-supported bridges with floating towers subjected to wind and wave loading
Bjørn Thomas Svendsen (Active) Dynamic analysis and full-scale experiments of existing railway bridges; system identification and damage detection exploring sensor technology and modal analysis
Tengjiao Jiang (Active) Dynamic Properties of Railway Bridges in Service by Photogrammetric Measurements
Sebastian Reymert (Active) Coupled vehicle-bridge-driver dynamic modelling under severe environmental conditions
Bernardo Costa (Active) (University of Stavanger) The design of floating bridges subjected to wave and wind loads
Mitja Papinutti (Active) (University of Ljubljana) Dynamic Analysis of floating bridges subjected to wind and wave loads.
Torodd Skjerve Nord (Graduated) Force and response estimation on bottom-founded structures prone to ice-induced vibrations
Petter Nåvik (Graduated) Dynamic behaviour of existing and new contact wire systems at high speed for Norwegian conditions.
Gunnstein Thomas Frøseth (Graduated) Evaluation and extension of the remaining service life of riveted steel railway bridges under increasing axle loads and velocities
Finn Idar Grøtta Giske (Graduated) Models and methods for prediction of actions and dynamic response of chained floating bridges.
Thomas Viuff (Graduated) Modelling and analysis of damping in structural systems
Tore Helgedagsrud (Graduated) Numerical modelling of wind forces on bridge decks using state of the art FSI methods.
Stefano Derosa (Graduated) Global structural behaviour and local wear predictions of catenary pantograph interaction by numerical modelling and field measurement validations
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A novel methodology for design optimization of heat recovery steam generators with flow-induced vibration analysis. Energy. vol. 226.
- (2021) A comparative study of wind-induced dynamic response models of long-span bridges using artificial neural networks, support vector regression and buffeting theory. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 209.
- (2021) Long-term extreme buffeting response of cable-supported bridges with uncertain turbulence parameters. Engineering structures. vol. 236.
- (2021) Nonlinear modelling of aerodynamic self-excited forces: An experimental study. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 209.
- (2021) The use of a Laguerrian expansion basis as Volterra kernels for the efficient modeling of nonlinear self-excited forces on bridge decks. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 219.
- (2021) Torsional vibration of a circular cylinder with an attached splitter plate in laminar flow. Ocean Engineering. vol. 236.
- (2021) Convolution-based time-domain simulation for fluidelastic instability in tube arrays. Nonlinear dynamics. vol. 104.
- (2020) Buffeting response of long-span bridges considering uncertain turbulence parameters using the environmental contour method. Engineering structures. vol. 213.
- (2020) Nonparametric modeling of self-excited forces based on relations between flutter derivatives. Wind and Structures. vol. 31 (6).
- (2020) Investigation of dynamic wind loads on a long-span suspension bridge identified from measured acceleration data. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 196.
- (2020) Software-to-Software Comparison of End-Anchored Floating Bridge Global Analysis. Journal of Bridge Engineering. vol. 25 (5).
- (2020) Model uncertainty assessment for wave- and current-induced global response of a curved floating pontoon bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 105:102368.
- (2020) Efficient prediction of wind and wave induced long-term extreme load effects of floating suspension bridges using artificial neural networks and support vector machines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 217.
- (2020) Aerodynamic damping models for vortex-induced vibration of a rectangular 4: 1 cylinder: Comparison of modeling schemes. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 205.
- (2019) IABSE Task Group 3.1 Benchmark Results. Part 2: Numerical Analysis of a Three-Degree-of-Freedom Bridge Deck Section Based on Experimental Aerodynamics. Structural Engineering International.
- (2019) Isogeometric Modeling and Experimental Investigation of Moving-Domain Bridge Aerodynamics. Journal of Engineering Mechanics. vol. 145 (5).
- (2019) Using ALE-VMS to compute aerodynamic derivatives of bridge sections. Computers & Fluids. vol. 179.
- (2019) Modeling and Simulation of Bridge-Section Buffeting Response in Turbulent Flow. Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences. vol. 29 (5).
- (2019) ALE-VMS methods for wind-resistant design of long-span bridges. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 191.
- (2019) Computational and experimental investigation of free vibration and flutter of bridge decks. Computational Mechanics. vol. 63 (1).