Background and activities
Born September 18, 1951, Norwegian.
Professor in reservoir engineering, NTNU. Siv.ing.( 1975, NTH) and Dr.ing.(1983,NTH) both in petroleum technology /reservoir engineering.
Experience: 40 years of experience in reservoir engineering research and teaching. The research has been laboratory based investigations on oil recovery processes including low salinity flooding, heavy oil recovery techniques, chemical methods (including microbial methods and methods using nanofluids), secondary and tertiary gas injection. Has started several companies together with colleagues ( ResLab (now Weatherford Labs), GeoProbing Technology and Deep Sea Anchors).
Academic and professional committees: Presently member of 7 international technical and review committees on reservoir engineering / EOR.
Doctoral student supervision: 22 PhD graduates (in reservoir engineering) are supervised and presently 3 PhD candidates are supervised towards a graduation in 2019-2020.
Experimental reservoir engineering (routine and special core analysis), Evaluation of fractured reservoirs, Enhanced oil recovery methods, Wettability, Pore scale experimental studies of fluid distrtibution and flow.
Geomechanics and Flow in Porous Media, Unconventional Oil and Gas Reservoirs, Fractured Reservoirs
- Microscopical characteristics of two phase flow in porous media: PostDoc; Hamid Hosseinzade Khanamiri
- Nanofluids for enhanced oil recovery: PhD-candidates: Alberto Bila
- Nanocellulose for EOR: PhD-candidate Reidun Cecilie Grønfur Aadland
- Nanostabilized gel for water diversion: PhD-candidate Bahador Najafiazar
- Nanostabilized gel for water diversion: PostDoc Ashkan Jahanbani Ghahfarokhi