Background and activities
My training, research, and policy interests focus on relational welfare and well-being focusing on citizenship, public value, and social justice. Especially, I am interested in recovery in mental health and substance use. I am also interested in family therapy and relational therapies. I am also focusing on the theories of science, qualitative research methods, and the use of participatory action research and citizen science methodologies.
- I am Head of the Research Group on Relational Welfare and Well-being
- I am also a member of two other Research Groups:
- RAD3031 – Counselling Theories and Methods with a Practical Outlook (Master)
- RAD3040 – Relational Welfare and Well-being (Master)
- RAD6051 – Strength-Based Communities of Learning: Theories and Practices (Continuing Education)
- PED8013 – Social Construction: Theory and Practice (PhD course)
- PED8017 – Autoethnography (PhD course) (without paper)
- PED8018 – Autoethnography (PhD course) (with paper)
I supervise on topics related to my research interests on Master- and PhD-level.
I am an Adjunct Professor of Mental Healthcare at the University South-Eastern Norway and Senior Advisor at the National Competence Centre for Mental Health Care (Napha).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Relational recovery in co-occurring conditions: a qualitative study of first-person experiences. Advances in Dual Diagnosis: Policy, practice and research in mental health and substance use. vol. 13 (2).
- (2020) Den psykopolitiske, den kønspolitiske og den radikale - diskussioner af menneskesyn og etiske perspektiver i tre dominerende forestillinger om god praksis på psykisk sundhedsområdet. Dansk pædagogisk tidsskrift.
- (2020) Making Come-Alive and Keeping Un-Alive: How People Relate to Self-Guided Web-Based Health Interventions. Qualitative Health Research. vol. 30 (6).
- (2020) «Jeg får et helt annet innblikk»: Fagpersoners erfaringer med familieorientert praksis i rusfeltet. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. vol. 37 (3).
- (2020) Exploring staff conceptions of prevention and management practices in encounters with staff-directed aggression in supported housing following education and training. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14 (60).
- (2020) Empowered and aware: managers’ perceptions of competence and practice development following education in the prevention and management of staff-directed aggression. International Practice Development Journal.
- (2020) «Å gjøre noe sammen vi ikke kunne gjort alene»: Rask psykisk helsehjelp som et interkommunalt psykisk helsetjenestetilbud. Tidsskrift for psykisk helsearbeid. vol. 17 (2-3).
- (2020) A heuristic model for collaborative practice – Part 1: A meta-synthesis of empirical findings on collaborative strategies in community mental health and substance abuse practice. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14.
- (2020) A heuristic model for collaborative practice – Part 2: An elaboration of theoretical perspectives and strategies in community mental health and substance abuse care. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14.
- (2020) Laveren tussen het normative tussen het normative en het niet-normative: hoe gezinstherapeuten hun professionele identiteiten uitwerken in het contact met ouders van uit huis geplaatste kinderen. Gezinstherapie Wereldwijd. vol. 31.
- (2019) Qualitative Interview Studies of Working Mechanisms in Electronic Health: Tools to Enhance Study Quality. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 21 (5).
- (2019) Getting Change-Space: A Grounded Theory Study of Automated eHealth Therapy. Qualitative Report. vol. 24 (7).
- (2019) Encountering staff‑directed aggression within mental health and substance abuse services: exploring conceptions of practice following education. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 13 (20).
- (2019) A carta relacional en terapia de pareja: un recurso narrativo para la reconstrucción de la ética y el bienestar interpersonal. Revista de Psicoterapia. vol. 30 (114).
- (2019) “Nourishing Communion”: A Less Recognized Dimension of Support for Young Persons Facing Mental Health Challenges?. The Humanistic psychologist. vol. 47 (4).
- (2019) “Keeping balance”, “Keeping distance” and “Keeping on with life”: Child positions in divorced families with prolonged conflicts. Children and Youth Services Review. vol. 102.
- (2019) To navigate the normative and the not-normative family therapists negotiating their professional identities with parents whose children are placed in public care. Contemporary family therapy. vol. 41 (2).
- (2019) «Jeg føler meg som en utvidet organisme» – unge voksnes opplevelse av parforholdet som mulighet og begrensning. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- (2018) Between a rock and a softer place - A discourse analysis of helping cultures in crisis resolution teams. Qualitative Social Work. vol. 17 (2).
- (2018) Manejando imprevistos na facilitação grupal: um estudo de caso com o exercício como se. Revista da SPAGESP. vol. 19 (1).