Background and activities
My training, research, and policy interests focus on Well-being and sustainable welfare development. Especially, I focus on relational welfare and well-being focusing on citizenship, public value, and social justice. Furthermore, I am interested in recovery in mental health and substance use. I am also interested in family therapy and relational therapies. I do also research within leadership, organisational factors and evaluation capcity building in public sector orgnaisations (New Public Governance). I am also focusing on the theories of science, qualitative research methods, and the use of participatory action research and citizen science methodologies.
- I am Head of the Research Group on Relational Welfare and Well-being
- I am a member of the Research Group Counselling Sciences
- RAD3040 – Relational Welfare and Well-being (Master)
- RAD6051/6052 – Strength-Based Communities of Learning (Continuing Education, master-level)
I supervise on topics related to my research interests on Master- and PhD-level.
I am an Adjunct Professor at VID Scientific University at the family therapy and systemic practice programs, and Senior Advisor at the Norwegian Resource Centre for Community Mental Health (Napha).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Development of salutogenic coping skills: experiences with daily challenges among young adults suffering from serious mental illness. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 16 (1).
- (2021) Immigrants’ experiences on integration while attempting to access the labour market: Implications for social work practice. Social Sciences. vol. 10 (4).
- (2021) Inner and Outer Voices in Research: How Dialogical Approaches Can Enhance Knowledge Development in Mental Health Care. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy. vol. 42 (2).
- (2021) Part II: Living Life: A Meta-Synthesis Exploring Recovery as Processual Experiences. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 18 (11).
- (2021) “The troublesome other and I”: Parallel stories of separated parents in prolonged conflicts. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy. vol. 47 (1).
- (2021) "It is not just about doing or saying the right things": Working systemically with parents whose children are placed in public care. Journal of Family Therapy. vol. 43 (3).
- (2021) Peer support workers in co-production and co-creation in public mental health and addiction services: Protocol for a scoping review. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (3).
- (2020) Relational recovery in co-occurring conditions: a qualitative study of first-person experiences. Advances in Dual Diagnosis: Policy, practice and research in mental health and substance use. vol. 13 (2).
- (2020) Den psykopolitiske, den kønspolitiske og den radikale - diskussioner af menneskesyn og etiske perspektiver i tre dominerende forestillinger om god praksis på psykisk sundhedsområdet. Dansk pædagogisk tidsskrift.
- (2020) Relational welfare: a socially just response to co-creating health and wellbeing for all. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2020) Making Come-Alive and Keeping Un-Alive: How People Relate to Self-Guided Web-Based Health Interventions. Qualitative Health Research. vol. 30 (6).
- (2020) «Jeg får et helt annet innblikk»: Fagpersoners erfaringer med familieorientert praksis i rusfeltet. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. vol. 37 (3).
- (2020) Exploring staff conceptions of prevention and management practices in encounters with staff-directed aggression in supported housing following education and training. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14.
- (2020) Managers’ perceptions of competence and practice development following education in the prevention and management of staff-directed aggression: promoting person-centred practice. International Practice Development Journal. vol. 10 (2).
- (2020) «Å gjøre noe sammen vi ikke kunne gjort alene»: Rask psykisk helsehjelp som et interkommunalt psykisk helsetjenestetilbud. Tidsskrift for psykisk helsearbeid. vol. 17 (2-3).
- (2020) A heuristic model for collaborative practice – Part 1: A meta-synthesis of empirical findings on collaborative strategies in community mental health and substance abuse practice. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14.
- (2020) A heuristic model for collaborative practice – Part 2: Development of the collaborative, dialogue‑based clinical practice model for community mental health and substance abuse care. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 14.
- (2019) Qualitative Interview Studies of Working Mechanisms in Electronic Health: Tools to Enhance Study Quality. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 21 (5).
- (2019) Getting Change-Space: A Grounded Theory Study of Automated eHealth Therapy. The Qualitative Report (TQR). vol. 24 (7).
- (2019) Encountering staff‑directed aggression within mental health and substance abuse services: exploring conceptions of practice following education. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 13 (20).