Background and activities
Øystein Dahl (1978) is Adjunct Associate Professor at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications. He is a member of the Electronic Devices and Materials Group. Dahl has a MSc in technical physics and a PhD in physical electronics, both from NTNU.
Main field of competence
- Thin Film Characterization (Scanning probe microscopy, X-ray diffraction, Auger electron spectroscopy)
- Electronic Properties (Dielectric/ferroelectric characterization, Photovoltaic characterization)
- Thin Film Synthesis (Sputter deposition, Pulsed laser deposition, Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition)
- Lithography and processing (Optical lithography, e-beam lithography, Imprint lithography, Dry etching)
- 2015- Adjunct Associate Professor, NTNU
- 2008- Research Scientist, SINTEF Materials and Chemistry
- 2003-2010 PhD student, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU
- 2015- TFE4240 Nanoscale Device Technology, NTNU
- 2012- TMT4322 Solar Cells and Photovoltaic Nanostructures, NTNU
- 2012 FY8504 Advanced Experimental Physics, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Improved Cathode Catalyst Layers for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells. ECS Transactions. vol. 64 (3).
- (2011) Preparation of Silicon Nanostructures for Lithium Ion Battery Anodes. ECS Transactions. vol. 35 (34).
- (2011) Nanosecond laser ablation and deposition of silicon. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. vol. 104 (3).
- (2011) Formation of ZnO Nanosheets Grown by Catalyst-Assisted Pulsed Laser Deposition. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 11 (12).
- (2010) Pulsed laser ablation and deposition of silicon. Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing. vol. 101 (4).
- (2010) Nanosecond laser ablation and deposition of Ge films. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7766.
- (2009) Polarization direction and stability in ferroelectric lead titanate thin films. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 106 (8).
- (2009) Epilayer control of photodeposited materials during UV photocatalysis. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 94 (23).
- (2008) Crystalline and dielectric properties of sputter deposited PbTiO3 thin films. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 103.
- (2008) Ferroelectric stripe-domains in PbTiO3 thin films: depolarization field and domain randomness. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 104.
- (2005) Characterization of Crystalline Pb0.92La0.08Zr0.4Ti0.6O3 Thin Films Grown by Off-Axis Magnetron Sputtering. Thin Solid Films. vol. 492.
- (2005) Imaging of out-of-plane interfacial strain in epitaxial PbTiO3/SrTiO3 thin films. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 86.
- (2010) Measurements and modelling of effect of interface on ferroelectricity in lead titanate thin films. 2010. ISBN 978-82-471-1989-1. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2010/17).