Background and activities
Education and Work Experience
- From May 2017 onward: Postdoctoral fellow within MultiPACK at NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- From January to March 2016: Visiting Ph.D. Student at SINTEF Energy Research (Norway)
- From November 2014 to June 2015: Visiting Ph.D. Student at DTU Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
- From January 2014 to December 2016: Ph.D. Candidate at University of Udine (Italy)
- From January to June 2013: Trainee at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden)
- From January 2011 to October 2013: Master of Science in Environmental Engineering at University of Florence (Italy)
- Climate-friendly refrigeration and heat pump technologies
- Multi-ejector concept applied to both refrigeration and heat pump technologies operating in commercial and public buildings (e.g. supermarkets, gyms, spas, hotels)
- "All-in-one" transcritical CO2 refrigeration systems for supermarket applications located in Southern Europe
- Transcritical CO2 heat pump technologies for public and commercial buildings (e.g. hotels, gyms, spas)
- Advanced exergy analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Heat transfer and entropy generation analysis of alumina/water nanofluid in a flat plate PV/T collector under equal pumping power comparison criterion. Renewable Energy. vol. 120.
- (2017) Thermodynamic Performance Assessment of a CO2 Supermarket Refrigeration System with Auxiliary Compression Economization by using Advanced Exergy Analysis. International Journal of Thermodynamics. vol. 20 (4).
- (2017) Multi-ejector R744 booster refrigerating plant and air conditioning system integration – A theoretical evaluation of energy benefits for supermarket. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 75.
- (2017) State-of-the-art technologies for transcritical R744 refrigeration systems – a theoretical assessment of energy advantages for European food retail industry. Energy Procedia. vol. 123.
- (2017) Comparative Assessment of Low-GWP Based Refrigerating Plants Operating in Hot Climates. Energy Procedia. vol. 109.
- (2017) Assessment of Alumina Nanofluid as a Coolant in Double Pipe Gas Cooler for Trans-critical CO2 Refrigeration Cycle. Energy Procedia. vol. 109.
- (2017) Performance investigation of the CO2 gas cooler designs and its integration with the refrigeration system. Energy Procedia. vol. 123.
- (2016) Theoretical evaluation of supermarket refrigeration systems using R1234ze(E) as an alternative to high-global warming potential refrigerants. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. vol. 22 (8).
- (2016) Advanced exergy analysis of a R744 booster refrigeration system with parallel compression. Energy. vol. 107.
- (2016) Energy and environmental performance assessment of R744 booster supermarket refrigeration systems operating in warm climates. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 64.
- (2016) Modelling commercial refrigeration systems coupled with water storage to improve energy efficiency and perform heat recovery. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 69.
- (2017) Refrigeration systems for next generation supermarket applications - An overview of future-proof technologies. 2017. ISBN 978-620-2-27279-7.