Patrick Stefan Kermit
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) “You have to argue the right way”: user involvement in the service delivery process for assistive activity technology. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology.
- (2019) Passing for recognition – deaf children’s moral struggles languaging in inclusive education settings. Deafness and Education International. vol. 21 (2-3).
- (2019) Assistive activity technology as symbolic expressions of the self. Technology and Disability. vol. 31 (3).
- (2019) “The fact that I can be in front of others, I am used to being a bit behind”: how assistive activity technology affects participation in everyday life. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology.
- (2019) Intellectual disabilities and offending behaviour: the awareness and concerns of the police, district attorneys and judges. Journal of intellectual disabilities and offending behaviour. vol. 10 (2).
- (2019) Intellectual disabilities and offending behaviour: the awareness and concerns of the police, district attorneys and judges. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities.
- (2018) Inclusion in Norwegian Higher Education: Deaf Students’ Experiences with Lecturers. Social Inclusion. vol. 6 (4).
- (2018) Gatekeeping in professional higher education in Norway:ambivalence among academic staff and placement supervisors towards students with disabilities. International Journal of Inclusive Education.
- (2018) Challenges in global Indigenous-Disability comparative research, or, why nation-state political histories matter. Disability and the Global South. vol. 5 (2).
- (2015) Sign language, translation and rule of law – deaf people's experiences from encounters with the Norwegian criminal justice system. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research. vol. 17.
- (2012) Enhancement Technology and Outcomes: What Professionals and Researchers Can Learn from Those Skeptical About Cochlear Implants. Health Care Analysis. vol. 20 (4).
- (2011) Etiske konsekvenser av prinsippet om å sikre døve barns rett til en åpen framtid. Nordisk tidskrift för hörsel- och dövundervisning NTD.
- (2011) Safe in the hands of the interpreter? A qualitative study investigating the legal protection of Deaf people facing the criminal justice system in Norway. Disability Studies Quarterly (DSQ). vol. 31 (4).
- (2010) Choosing for the child with cochlear implants: a note of precaution. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. vol. 13 (2).
- (2010) "Hearing" or "deaf"? : discussing epistemological and methodological issues related to the bioethical discourse on paediatric cochlear implantation. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research. vol. 12 (2).
- (2010) Å vokse opp med cochleaimplantat: Barns språklige samhandling med hørende jevnaldrende og voksne. Sosiologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 18 (3).
- (2009) Deaf or deaf? Questioning alleged antinomies in the bioethical discourses on cochlear implantation and suggesting an alternative approach to d/Deafness. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research. vol. 11 (2).
- (2008) Er seleksjon av døve eller hørende barn to sider av samme sak? En bioetisk argumentasjon basert på autentisitetsbetraktninger. Etikk i praksis. vol. 2 (1).
- (2007) Teaching medical students how to work with an interpreter. Amee 2007, Book of abstracts.
- (2020) Ethics in Public Service Interpreting. Routledge. 2020. ISBN 978-1-138-88614-8.