Background and activities
The PhD-candidate position is a part of Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics (CBD) at the Department of biologi, NTNU.
Study species: house sparrow
Study systems: Helgeland, Vikna, Lauvøya
Main aim: investigate demographic and environmental causes for dispersal among populations, and consequences of dispersal both on individual level and on population level, e. g. potential genetic contribution from a disperser in a population.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Inferences of genetic architecture of bill morphology in house sparrow using a high-density SNP array point to a polygenic basis. Molecular Ecology. vol. 27 (17).
- (2017) Demographic influences of translocated individuals on a resident population of house sparrows. Oikos. vol. 126 (10).
- (2015) GPS-loggers influence behaviour and physiology in the black-legged kittiwake Rissa tridactyla. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 521.
- (2012) Are cuckoos maximizing egg mimicry by selecting host individuals with better matching egg phenotypes?. PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (2).
- (2012) Sex Allocation in Relation to Host Races in the Brood-Parasitic Common Cuckoo (Cuculus canorus). PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (5).
- (2010) Egg phenotype differentiation in sympatric cuckoo Cuculus canorus gentes. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 23 (6).