Peter James Thomas
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Numerical Modeling of Fcy OTDR Sensing Using a Refractive Index Perturbation Approach. Journal of Lightwave Technology. vol. 38 (4).
- (2020) A distributed fibre optic approach for providing early warning of Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI). Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 64.
- (2020) 9-Acridinemethanamine and Acridine-9-Carboxaldehyde as Potential Fluorescence Lifetime pH Indicators. Journal of Fluorescence.
- (2019) A review of methods for fibre-optic distributed chemical sensing. Sensors. vol. 19:2876 (13).
- (2019) A broad-range fluorescence lifetime pH sensing material based on a single organic fluorophore. Journal of Fluorescence. vol. 29 (5).
- (2019) The use of surfactant-filled mesoporous silica as an immobilising medium for a fluorescence lifetime pH indicator, providing long-term calibration stability. RSC Advances. vol. 9 (64).
- (2018) Pillars or Pancakes? Self-Cleaning Surfaces without Coating. Nano letters (Print).
- (2018) A high response polyimide fiber optic sensor for distributed humidity measurements. Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical. vol. 270.
- (2017) The use of novel optode sensor technologies for monitoring dissolved carbon dioxide and ammonia concentrations under live haul conditions. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 77 (may 2017).
- (2017) A fully distributed fibre optic sensor for relative humidity measurements. Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical. vol. 247 (august 2017).
- (2015) Underwater Superoleophobic Sapphire (0001) Surfaces. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 119 (27).
- (2015) Continuous long-term observations of the carbonate system dynamics in the water column of a temperate fjord. Journal of Marine Systems. vol. 148.
- (2015) Impact of gas hydrate formation/dissociation on water-in-crude oil emulsion properties studied by dielectric measurements. Energy & Fuels. vol. 29 (1).
- (2014) Performance of a lifetime-based optode for measuring partial pressure of carbon dioxide in natural waters. Limnology and Oceanography : Methods. vol. 12.