Background and activities
Refrigeration and heat pump technology in general · System design for refrigeration; air conditioning and heat pumps · CO2 technology for various applications · Low temperature refrigeration; liquefaction and gas processing (LNG; LH2; LCO2…) · Compressor and heat exchanger technology · Working fluids; with emphasis on natural working fluids · Power cycles for utilisation of low to medium temperature heat · Low temperature processes for CO2 capture; AGR and CCS · Energy systems and energy efficiency related issues in general;
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Energy efficient multiejector CO2 cooling system for high ambient temperature. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 19.
- (2020) Experimental investigation of the effect of solid-gas two-phase flow in CO2 cascade refrigeration system. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects.
- (2019) Experimental investigation of a prototype R-600 compressor for high temperature heat pump. Energy. vol. 169.
- (2019) The development of a hydrocarbon high temperature heat pump for waste heat recovery. Energy. vol. 173.
- (2019) Investigation on scale formation in aluminium industry by means of a cold-finger. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2019) Preliminary study on CO2 transcritical ejector enhanced compressor refrigeration system for independent space cooling and dehumidification. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 100.
- (2018) Theoretical analysis of suitable fluids for high temperature heat pumps up to 125 °C heat delivery. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 92.
- (2018) Integrated CO2 solutions for supermarkets. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) Performance investigation of a multi-ejector R744 heat pump. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) Reducing the exergy destruction in the cryogenic heat exchangers of hydrogen liquefaction processes. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (10).
- (2017) Review of Vapour Compression Heat Pumps for High Temperature Heating using Natural Working Fluids. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 80.
- (2017) A steady and quasi-steady state analysis on the CO2 hybrid ground-coupled heat pumping system. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 76.
- (2017) Annual energy performance of R744 and R410A heat pumping systems. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 117.
- (2017) Experimental Observation of CO2 Dry-ice Behavior in an Evaporator/Sublimator. Energy Procedia. vol. 143.
- (2016) Performance analysis of an R744 ground source heat pump system with air-cooled and water-cooled gas coolers. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 63.
- (2016) Investigation on CO2 hybrid ground-coupled heat pumping system under warm climate. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 62.
- (2015) Analysis of Natural Gas engine de-loading on LNG fuelled vessels. Energy Procedia. vol. 64 (C).
- (2015) High-purity H2 production with CO2 capture based on coal gasification. Energy. vol. 88.
- (2014) Energy and Cost Evaluation of A Low-temperature CO2 Capture Unit for IGCC plants. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Energy-Efficient Technologies for Reduction of Offshore CO2 Emissions. Oil and Gas Facilities. vol. 3 (1).