Background and activities
Navigation system for under-ice AUV operations.
Supervisor: Martin Ludvigsen.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) A Multibeam-Based SLAM Algorithm for Iceberg Mapping Using AUVs. IEEE Access. vol. 6.
- (2015) Is ambient light during the high Arctic polar night sufficient to act as a visual cue for zooplankton?. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2015) Iceberg detection and edge-following using auv with multibeam sonar. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2015) Line-of-sight iceberg edge-following using an AUV equipped with multibeam sonar. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
- (2014) Integrated environmental monitoring; a methodological approach to optimise knowledge gathering and sampling strategy. Ocean Optics.
- (2014) Using Autonomous Underwater Vehicles as Sensor Platforms for Ice-Monitoring. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 35 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2017) A particle filter SLAM approach to online iceberg drift estimation from an AUV. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 8: Polar and Arctic Sciences and Technology; Petroleum Technology, Trondheim, Norway, June 25–30, 2017.
- (2016) Network of heterogeneous autonomous vehicles for marine research and management. OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey.
- (2015) Tracking and remote monitoring of an autonomous underwater vehicle using an unmanned surface vehicle in the Trondheim fjord. OCEANS'15 MTS/IEEE Washington, Washington DC, 19-22 October, 2015.
- (2014) Unmanned underwater vehicles in Arctic operations. Proceedings of the 22nd IAHR International Symposium on ICE 2014 (IAHR-ICE 2014).
- (2014) LOS guidance for towing an iceberg along a straight-line path. Proceedings of the 22nd IAHR International Symposium on ICE 2014 (IAHR-ICE 2014).
- (2018) Autonomous underwater vehicles in Arctic marine operations: Arctic marine research and ice monitoring. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-3301-2. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2018:255).