Petter Kjeverud Nyland
Background and activities
I am a PhD student under the supervision of Associate Professor Eduard Ortega. I belong to the Analysis Group at the Department of Mathematical Sciences. I'm mainly conducting research in the field of Operator Algebras, but occasionally I also study Dynamical Systems and Group Theory. More precisely, I am interested in the following:
- Topological Groupoids and Groupoid C*-algebras
- Graph Algebras
- The connection between C*-algebras and Dynamical Systems
- Topological Full Groups of Dynamical Systems
- P. Nyland, E. Ortega: Matui's AH conjecture for Graph Groupoids. Preprint. arXiv:2003.14055.
- P. Nyland, E. Ortega: Topological full groups of ample groupoids with applications to graph algebras. Int. J. Math. 30(4) (2019). arXiv:1806.11087.
- Bratteli Diagrams – Modeling AF-algebras and Cantor Minimal Systems Using Infinite Graphs, Master thesis, NTNU Trondheim, 2016. Supervised by Christian F. Skau. (Available online here.)
- Summer 2018: Lecturer in Preparatory Course in Mathematics
- Spring 2018: Substitute lecturer in MA0002 Mathematical Methods B
- Fall 2017: Exercise Lecturer in TMA4100 Calculus 1, substitute lecturer in MA0001 Mathematical Methods A
- Spring 2017: Exercise Lecturer and Mattelab in TMA4105 Calculus 2
- Fall 2016: Course Assistant og Exercise Lecturer in TMA4140 Discrete Mathematics