Background and activities
Refrigeration and heat pump technology in general · System design for refrigeration; air conditioning and heat pumps · CO2 technology for various applications · Low temperature refrigeration; liquefaction and gas processing (LNG; LH2; LCO2…) · Compressor and heat exchanger technology · Working fluids; with emphasis on natural working fluids · Power cycles for utilisation of low to medium temperature heat · Low temperature processes for CO2 capture; AGR and CCS · Energy systems and energy efficiency related issues in general;
- TEP4521 - Sustainable Energy Systems, Specialization Project
- TEP4506 - Sustainable Energy Systems, Specialization Course
- TEP4185 - Gas Technology
- TEP4906 - Sustainable energy systems, master thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) CO2 Capture from IGCC by Low-Temperature Synthesis Gas Separation. Energies. vol. 15 (2).
- (2022) Equation-oriented methods for optimizing Rankine cycles using radial inflow turbine. Energy.
- (2022) Composition and Structure Analysis of Hard Grey Scale (HGS) Formed on Cold Surfaces Exposed to Aluminium Production Off-gas. JOM.
- (2022) Performance of binary zeotropic mixtures in organic Rankine cycles (ORCs). Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 266.
- (2022) Visualization and Measurement of Swirling Flow of Dry Ice Particles in Cyclone Separator-Sublimator. Energies. vol. 15 (11).
- (2021) Liquid hydrogen as prospective energy carrier: A brief review and discussion of underlying assumptions applied in value chain analysis. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 154.
- (2021) Particle deposition characteristics in the formation of Hard Grey Scale (HGS) on cold surfaces exposed to aluminium production off-gas. Journal of Aerosol Science. vol. 161.
- (2021) Equation-oriented methods for design optimization and performance analysis of radial inflow turbines. Energy. vol. 237.
- (2021) Multiejector CO2 cooling system with evaporative gascooler for a supermarket application in tropical regions. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 190.
- (2020) Performance Evaluation of Ejector Based CO₂ System for Simultaneous Heating and Cooling Application in an Indian Dairy Industry. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 20.
- (2020) Large-scale production and transport of hydrogen from Norway to Europe and Japan: Value chain analysis and comparison of liquid hydrogen and ammonia as energy carriers. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 45 (58).
- (2020) Energy efficient multiejector CO2 cooling system for high ambient temperature. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress. vol. 19.
- (2020) Experimental investigation of dry ice cyclone separator for ultra‐low temperature energy storage using carbon dioxide. Energy Storage. vol. 2 (4).
- (2020) Experimental investigation of the effect of solid-gas two-phase flow in CO2 cascade refrigeration system. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects.
- (2019) Experimental investigation of a prototype R-600 compressor for high temperature heat pump. Energy. vol. 169.
- (2019) The development of a hydrocarbon high temperature heat pump for waste heat recovery. Energy. vol. 173.
- (2019) Investigation on scale formation in aluminium industry by means of a cold-finger. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2019) Preliminary study on CO2 transcritical ejector enhanced compressor refrigeration system for independent space cooling and dehumidification. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 100.
- (2018) Theoretical analysis of suitable fluids for high temperature heat pumps up to 125 °C heat delivery. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 92.
- (2018) Integrated CO2 solutions for supermarkets. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2018-June.