Background and activities
Pinar’s main research area is artificial intelligence but she does multidisciplinary research linking AI with other parts of cognitive science. Her research activities lie in knowledge representation and modellling, case-based reasoning, multiagent systems, and recently text mining/information extraction areas. The last one is particularly in the context of literature-based scientific discovery within climate science.
Pinar currently teaches these courses: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence , Distributed Artificial intelligence and Multiagent Systems, and Context Sensitive Systems.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Negotiation for Incentive Driven Privacy-Preserving Information Sharing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10621 LNAI.
- (2017) Let me explain: Adaptation of explanations extracted from incident reports. AI Communications. vol. 30 (3-4).
- (2016) Event Causality Extraction from Natural Science Literature. Research on Computing Science. vol. 117.
- (2016) An Approach to Content Extraction from Scientific Articles using Case-Based Reasoning. Research on Computing Science. vol. 117.
- (2016) Compositional adaptation of explanations in textual case-based reasoning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9969 LNAI.
- (2015) Short-Term Load Forecasting With Seasonal Decomposition Using Evolution for Parameter Tuning. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. vol. 6 (4).
- (2015) Evidence-driven retrieval in textual CBR: Bridging the gap between retrieval and reuse. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9343.
- (2015) Agent-based simulation of stakeholder behaviour through evolutionary game theory. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8955.
- (2015) Collaborative agents supporting tactical planning activities – an industrial application. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. vol. 349.
- (2015) Simulating stakeholder behavior in a marine setting: Integrated coastal zone planning and the influential power of selected stakeholders in Frøya, Norway. Frontiers in Marine Science. vol. 2:90.
- (2014) A review of case-based reasoning in cognition-action continuum: A step toward bridging symbolic and non-symbolic artificial intelligence. Knowledge engineering review (Print). vol. 29 (1).
- (2011) Finding Potential Seeds through Rank Aggregation of Web Searches. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6744.
- (2011) Subjectivity handling of ratings for Trust and Reputation systems: An Abductive Reasoning Approach. International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications. vol. 5 (11).
- (2011) Assessing the feature-driven nature of similarity-based sorting of verbs. POLIBITS Research Journal on Computer Science and Computer Engineering With Applications.
- (2010) Learning Bimanual Coordination Patterns for Rhythmic Movements. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6354.
- (2010) Similarity Assessment through blocking and affordance assignment in Textual CBR. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2010) A self-organising multiple model architecture for motor imitation. International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems. vol. 4 (1).
- (2010) Distributed Representations to detect Higher Order Term Correlations in Textual Content. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6086.
- (2010) Recognition of Higher-order Relations Among Features in Textual Cases Using Random Indexing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6176.
- (2010) A multiagent framework for coordinated parallel problem solving. Applied intelligence (Boston). vol. 33 (2).