Victorien Emile Prot
Background and activities
Continnuum Mechanics (KT8305)
Non-linear finite element analysis (TKT 4197)
Biomechanics (TKT 4150)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Donnan Contribution and Specific Ion Effects in Swelling of Cationic Hydrogels are Additive: Combined High-Resolution Experiments and Finite Element Modeling. Gels. vol. 6 (3).
- (2019) Buckling initiation in layered hydrogels during transient swelling. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 128.
- (2019) Anisotropic finite strain viscoelasticity: constitutive modeling and finite element implementation. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 124.
- (2019) Soft palate muscle activation: a modeling approach for improved understanding of obstructive sleep apnea. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 18 (3).
- (2018) Palatal implant surgery effectiveness in treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: a numerical method with 3D patient-specific geometries. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 66.
- (2018) 3D patient-specific numerical modeling of the soft palate considering adhesion from the tongue. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 77.
- (2017) Contributions of prestrains, hyperelasticity, and muscle fiber activation on mitral valve systolic performance. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering. vol. 33 (4).
- (2016) Nanoindentation and finite element modelling of chitosan-alginate multilayer coated hydrogels. Soft Matter. vol. 12 (35).
- (2013) Swelling of a hemi-ellipsoidal ionic hydrogel for determination of material properties of deposited thin polymer films: an inverse finite element approach. Soft Matter. vol. 9.
- (2011) Modeling active muscle contraction of mitral valve leaflets during systole: a first approach. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 10 (1).
- (2010) On modelling and analysis of healthy and pathological human mitral valves: Two case studies. Journal of The Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. vol. 3 (2).
- (2009) Finite element analysis of the mitral apparatus: annulus shape effect and chordal force distribution. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 8 (1).
- (2009) Nonlinear solid finite element analysis of mitral valves with heterogeneous leaflet layers. Computational Mechanics. vol. 43 (3).
- (2007) Transversely isotropic membrane shells with application to mitral valve mechanics. Constitutive modelling and finite element implementation. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering. vol. 71 (8).
- (2006) An improved transversely isotropic hyperelastic material model for simulation of mitral valve response. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 39.
- (2019) Solid (Bio)Mechanics: Challenges of the Next Decade. 2019. ISBN 978-3-85125-704-5.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Finite Element Analysis of a Barlow Mitral Valve: Patient Specific Geometry and Comparison With Three-Dimensional Echocardiographic Data. MekIT’19 - 10th National Conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2019) An Anisotropic Growth Model For Fibrous Tissues: Continuum Formulation and Computational Aspects. MekIT’19 - 10th National Conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2017) Finite element simulations of the swelling of cationic hydrogels. MekIT’17 - Ninth national conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2017) Tissue composition based nonlinear FEM simulation of the soft palate using patient specific 3D anatomy. MekIT’17 - Ninth national conference on Computational Mechanics.