Background and activities
- research support for the Cell and Molecular Biology section
- technical/administrative tasks (lab responsibility, operation of GMO-lab and analytical equipment, bookitlab, LN2)
- contribute to teaching in cell and molecular biology
- train master students on instruments and in techniques
- extraction and analysis of DNA, RNA and proteins
- extraction of metabolites and analysis by GC-MS and HPLC
- expression of recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli, purification and functional characterization (immunoassay, enzyme assay)
- work with plants:
- grow in vitro (medium, hydroponics) and on soil
- transform with Agrobacterium tumefaciens
- genome editing (CRISPR/Cas9)
- generate, screen and characterize mutants
- assays with biotic and abiotic stress factors
- work with diatoms (Phaeodactylum tricornutum):
- grow and maintain kultures
- transform by biolistics and conjugation
- genome editing (CRISPR/Cas9)
- screen og characterize mutant lines
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The imaging of guard cells of thioglucosidase (tgg) mutants of Arabidopsis further links plant chemical defence systems with physical defence barriers. Cells. vol. 10 (2).
- (2020) Assessment of oxidative stress response genes in Avicennia marina exposed to oil contamination – Polyphenol oxidase (PPOA) as a biomarker. Biotechnology Reports. vol. 28.
- (2020) Assessment of oxidative stress response genes in Avicennia marina exposed to oil contamination - Polyphenol oxidase (PPOA) as biomarker. Biotechnology Reports. vol. 28.
- (2020) The Role of a Glucosinolate-Derived Nitrile in Plant Immune Responses. Frontiers in Plant Science. vol. 11.
- (2019) The Myb like transcription factor Phosphorus Starvation Response (PtPSR) controls conditional P acquisition and remodeling in marine microalgae. New Phytologist. vol. 225 (6).
- (2018) Accumulation of (Ag(I) by Saccharomyces cereviseae cells expressing plant metallothioneins. Cells. vol. 7 (12).
- (2018) Arabidopsis mutants impaired in glutathione biosynthesis exhibit higher sensitivity towards the glucosinolate hydrolysis product allyl-isothiocyanate. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Benzyl Cyanide Leads to Auxin-Like Effects Through the Action of Nitrilases in Arabidopsis thaliana. Frontiers in Plant Science. vol. 9.
- (2017) Heavy Metal Accumulation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cells Armed with Metal Binding Hexapeptides Targeted to the Inner Face of the Plasma Membrane. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 101 (14).
- (2017) Anchoring plant metallothioneins to the inner face of the plasma membrane of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells leads to heavy metal accumulation. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (5).
- (2017) Glucosinolate-Derived Isothiocyanates Inhibit Arabidopsis Growth and the Potency Depends on their Side Chain Structure. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 18 (11).
- (2016) Effect of growth temperature on glucosinolate profiles in Arabidopsis thaliana accessions. Phytochemistry. vol. 130.
- (2016) Allyl-isothiocyanate treatment induces a complex transcriptional reprogramming including heat stress, oxidative stress and plant defence responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Genomics. vol. 17.
- (2015) Physiology and cellular mechanisms of isothiocyanates and other glucosinolate degradation products in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science.
- (2012) Phytoalexins in defense against pathogens. Trends in Plant Science. vol. 17 (2).
- (2012) Ecotype dependent expression and alternative splicing of epithiospecifier protein (ESP) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Molecular Biology. vol. 78 (4-5).
- (2012) Characterization of recombinant nitrile-specifier proteins (NSPs) of Arabidopsis thaliana: Dependency on Fe(II) ions and the effect of glucosinolate substrate and reaction conditions. Phytochemistry. vol. 84.
- (2010) Transcriptional profiling of an Fd-GOGAT1/GLU1 mutant in Arabidopsis thaliana reveals a multiple stress response and extensive reprogramming of the transcriptome. BMC Genomics. vol. 11.
- (2009) Nitrile-specifier proteins involved in glucosinolate hydrolysis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 284 (18).
- (2009) Modifying the alkylglucosinolate profile in Arabidopsis thaliana alters the tritrophic interaction with the herbivore Brevicoryne brassicae and parasitoid Diaeretiella rapae. Journal of Chemical Ecology. vol. 35 (8).
- (2009) The “mustard oil bomb”: not so easy to assemble?! Localization, expression and distribution of components of the myrosinase enzyme system. Phytochemistry Reviews. vol. 8 (1).
- (2008) Characterization of novel nitrile specifier proteins (NSPs) involved in glucosinolate hydrolysis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Physiologia Plantarum : An International Journal for Plant Biology. vol. 133 (3).