Randi Kalskin Ramstad
Background and activities
- TGB4200 - Engineering Geology of Soils, Advanced Course
- TGB4945 - Engineering Geology, Master's Thesis
- TGB4185 - Engineering Geology, Basic Course
- TGB4570 - Engineering Geology, Specialization Project
- TGB4855 - Experts in Teamwork - Energy storage in the ground - an important contribution to the green transition
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Hydrochemical and biotic control on iron incrustations in groundwater heat pump systems: Case study from a saline, anoxic aquifer in Melhus, Norway. Geothermics. vol. 100.
- (2021) Online remote-controlled and cost-effective fouling and clogging surveillance of a groundwater heat pump system. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 80.
- (2020) Fluid flow through 3D-printed particle beds: a new technique for understanding, validating, and improving predictability of permeability from empirical equations. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 134.
- (2020) Fouling and clogging surveillance in open loop GSHP systems: A systematic procedure for fouling and clogging detection in the whole groundwater circuit. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 79.
- (2019) Lessons learned after one-year of use of a highly efficient neighbourhood in Norway. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 609:072052 (7).
- (2019) Design of Groundwater Heat Pump Systems. Principles, Tools, and Strategies for Controlling Gas and Precipitation Problems. Energies. vol. 12 (19).
- (2016) Natural convection in groundwater-filled boreholes used as ground heat exchangers. Applied Energy. vol. 164.
- (2014) Thermal conductivity map of the Oslo region based on thermal diffusivity measurements of rock core samples. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 74 (4).
- (2012) Thermal response testing of a fractured hard rock aquifer with and without induced groundwater flow. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 71 (3).
- (2012) Insights into the reliability of different thermal conductivity measurement techniques: a thermo-geological study in Mære (Norway). Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 71 (2).
- (2011) Temperature footprint of a thermal response test can help to reveal thermogeological information. Bulletin. Norges geologiske undersøkelse (NGU-Bulletin). vol. 451.
- (2008) Low enthalpy geothermal energy in fractured rock aquifers. 33rd International Geological Congress, Abstracts.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Test of Differential Monitoring of Stability (DMS) borehole temperature data to map groundwater flow in the unstable rock mass at Åknes, Norway. ISRM International Symposium - EUROCK 2020.
- (2010) Rock core samples cannot replace thermal response tests : a statistical comparison based on thermal conductivity data from the Oslo Region (Norway). Renewable Energy Research Conference 2010 - Zero Emission Buildings.
- (2006) In-situ rock stress and construction of groundwater-based ground source energy plant. In-situ Rock Stress. Measurment, Interpretation and Application. Proceedings of the International Symposium on In-situ Rock Stress.
- (2016) Software for modelling and simulation of ground source heating and cooling systems. 2016. ISBN 978-82-594-3657-3. SINTEF Energi. Rapport (TR A7570).
- (2009) Thermogeology in the Oslo region and Kristiansand - Results from thermal response tests (TRT) with and without artificially induced groundwater flow. 2009.
- (2005) Vann i berg – til nytte og besvær: grunnvann i berg som ressurs for menneskers velferd og som årsak til problemer i undergrunnsanlegg. 2005.
- (2004) Ground source energy in crystalline bedrock - increased energy extraction by using hydraulic fracturing in boreholes. 2004. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2004:161).