Background and activities
PhD student in the group for Geriatrics, movement and Stroke; in the Department of Neuroscience.
Medical doctor, graduated from NTNU in 2003, specializing in geriatrics and internal medicine.
Student at the European Academy for Medicine of Ageing (EAMA) 2015-16, an advanced postgraduate course in academic geriatrics for researchers and university teachers from all over Europe.
The project "Alzheimer's disease - cardiovascular disease and prognosis" explores how the disease process in Alzheimer's disease is influences by cardiovascular disease. The project is a part of the study "Progression of Alzheimer's disease and Resource use" and includes 471 patients from three Norwegian memory clinics, at St Olav's hospital, Oslo University hospital and Innlandet Hospital Trust. The study examines how various factors influence the prognosis in Alzheimer's disease. Other projects connected to the study look at how concomitant depression, inflammation, changes on brain MRI and the use of drugs influence the disease process.
My supervisor is Ingvild Saltvedt at NTNU/St.Olav hospital and co-supervisor is Knut Engedal, professor emeritus at the University of Oslo and senior researcher at the Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Ageing and Health.
The study is funded by ExtraStiftelsen through The National Health Association.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Trajectories of depressive symptoms and their relationship to the progression of dementia. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 222.
- (2017) Factors that influence the levels of cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers in memory clinic patients. BMC Geriatrics.
- (2017) Visual Evaluation of Medial Temporal Lobe Atrophy as a Clinical Marker of Conversion from Mild Cognitive Impairment to Dementia and for Predicting Progression in Patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment and Mild Alzheimer's Disease. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders. vol. 44 (1-2).
- (2016) Highlights of the 11th EUGMS congress in Oslo: Breaking the ice in geriatrics. European Geriatric Medicine. vol. 7 (4).
- (2015) Hvilken plass har geriatrien i helse- og sykehusplanen?. Dagens medisin.