Background and activities
Much of my research is driven by questions that arise at the intersection between science and philosophy. This includes metaphysical and epistemological issues in quantum physics, especially as they relate the (alleged) emergence of space in quantum gravity research and its association with quantum entanglement, but also methodological work on naturalism and more particularly, how science can and should inform metaphysics and theorizing more generally. Aside from these, I have an interest in social epistemology focusing on testimony, disagreement, and belief aggregation.
- Philosophy of physics
- Metaphysics and methodology in metaphysics
- History and philosophy of science
- Rudolf Carnap and his legacy
- Quantum mechanics in critical theory
- PhD in Philosophy, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Master of science in Physics, Niels Bohr Institute (University of Copenhagen)
- Master of arts in philosophy, University of Copenhagen.
- Bachelor of arts in philosophy, University of Copenhagen
- Bachelor of science in physics, Niels Bohr Institute (University of Copenhagen).
Jaksland, Rasmus & Niels Linnemann. (2020) Holography without holography: How to turn inter-representational into intra-theoretical relations in AdS/CFT. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part B, 71, 101-119.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) A trilemma for naturalized metaphysics. Ratio.
- (2022) Dependent philosophical majorities and the skeptical argument from disagreement. Synthese. vol. 200 (1).
- (2022) Disagreement in metametaphysical dispute. Synthese. vol. 200.
- (2021) Barad, Bohr, and quantum mechanics. Synthese.
- (2021) What Bohr wanted Carnap to learn from quantum mechanics. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science. vol. 88.
- (2021) An apology for conflicts between metaphysics and science in naturalized metaphysics. European Journal for Philosophy of Science. vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) Teaching scientific creativity through philosophy of science. European Journal for Philosophy of Science. vol. 11.
- (2020) Entanglement as the world-making relation: distance from entanglement. Synthese.
- (2020) Non-supernaturalism: Linguistic Convention, Metaphysical Claim, or Empirical Matter of Fact?. Philosophia.
- (2020) Norms of Testimony in Broad Interdisciplinarity: The Case of Quantum Mechanics in Critical Theory. Journal for General Philosophy of Science (JGPS).
- (2020) Old problems for neo-positivist naturalized metaphysics. European Journal for Philosophy of Science. vol. 10.
- (2020) Holography without holography: How to turn inter-representational into intra-theoretical relations in AdS/CFT. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics. vol. 71.
- (2019) The multiple realizability of general relativity in quantum gravity. Synthese.
- (2017) A Dilemma for Empirical Realism: Metaphysical Realism or Instrumentalism. Philosophia. vol. 45 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Did Logical Positivism Influence the Early Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics?. Logical Empiricism and the Physical Sciences: From Philosophy of Nature to Philosophy of Physics.