Background and activities
I am a PhD fellow in philosophy at the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies. I work on a project titled “The Prospects of Naturalized Metaphysics” where I investigate the role of science - physics in particular - in metaphysics, and attempt to assess to what degree metaphysics should be informed by and founded in science. As such, the project finds itself at the intersection of my two primary interests: Philosophy of science/physics and metaphysical methodology.
Aside from my PhD project, I am currently engaged in research in foundational issues in high energy physics, particularly on the nature of spacetime in the light of the AdS/CFT correspondence. I have also done more specialized work in the field of holographic gravity on the relationship between entanglement and spacetime.
- Philosophy of physics
- Metaphysics and methodology in metaphysics
- History and philosophy of science
- Rudolf Carnap and his legacy
- Quantum mechanics in critical theory
- Master of science in Physics, Niels Bohr Institute (University of Copenhagen)
- Master of arts in philosophy, University of Copenhagen.
- Bachelor of arts in philosophy, University of Copenhagen
- Bachelor of science in physics, Niels Bohr Institute (University of Copenhagen).
Jaksland, Rasmus & Niels Linnemann. (2020) Holography without holography: How to turn inter-representational into intra-theoretical relations in AdS/CFT. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part B, 71, 101-119.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) An apology for conflicts between metaphysics and science in naturalized metaphysics. European Journal for Philosophy of Science. vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) Barad, Bohr, and quantum mechanics. Synthese.
- (2021) What Bohr wanted Carnap to learn from quantum mechanics. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science. vol. 88.
- (2020) Entanglement as the world-making relation: distance from entanglement. Synthese.
- (2020) Non-supernaturalism: Linguistic Convention, Metaphysical Claim, or Empirical Matter of Fact?. Philosophia.
- (2020) Norms of Testimony in Broad Interdisciplinarity: The Case of Quantum Mechanics in Critical Theory. Journal for General Philosophy of Science (JGPS).
- (2020) Old problems for neo-positivist naturalized metaphysics. European Journal for Philosophy of Science. vol. 10.
- (2020) Holography without holography: How to turn inter-representational into intra-theoretical relations in AdS/CFT. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part B: Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics. vol. 71.
- (2019) The multiple realizability of general relativity in quantum gravity. Synthese.
- (2017) A Dilemma for Empirical Realism: Metaphysical Realism or Instrumentalism. Philosophia. vol. 45 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Did Logical Positivism Influence the Early Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics?. Logical Empiricism and the Physical Sciences: From Philosophy of Nature to Philosophy of Physics.