Background and activities
Reinold Ellingsen has 14 years of experience of contract research, innovation and research management from SINTEF. He gained comprehensive senior leadership experience with medical technology and biotech product development in international business environments as founder and 12 years as CEO of Invivosense AS, a start-up medtech company that was developed into stock exchange listing.
- Experience includes, product development, strategic planning, labor relations, production, P&L responsibility for budgeting, competitive analysis and financial forecasting; and new market evaluations.
- Hands-on knowledge of business start-up, industrial and financial partnering processes, due diligence, stock exchange listing and reporting, technology transfer, intellectual property management, technology development, project management and quality control.
- Board member experience from private companies, university, and industry organizations.
- Innovation processes in R&D organizations.
Dr. Ellingsen´s main research interest is biosensors for medical applications, i.e. sensors and sensor technology for measurements of chemical and physical measurands of medical implication.
Ellingsen participates in the Artificial Pancreas Trondheim (www.apt-norway.com) group. APT is a cross-disciplinary group of researchers with expertize the fields of control engineering, biomedical engineering, biosensors, applied clinical research, endocrinology, anesthesia and intensive care medicine, pharmacology, biotechnology, mathematical modelling, biochemistry and chemometrics, as well as collaboration with relevant biosensor industry.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Investigation of the effect of clinically relevant interferents on glucose monitoring using near‐infrared spectroscopy. Journal of Biophotonics.
- (2020) Optimization of SERS Sensing With Micro-Lensed Optical Fibers and Au Nano-Film. Journal of Lightwave Technology. vol. 38 (7).
- (2019) Feasibility of supercontinuum sources for use in glucose sensing by absorption spectroscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 11073.
- (2019) Glucose sensing by absorption spectroscopy using lensed optical fibers. Applied Optics. vol. 58 (10).
- (2019) Feasibility of early meal detection based on abdominal sound. IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine. vol. 7:3300212.
- (2019) Why intraperitoneal glucose sensing is sometimes surprisingly rapid and sometimes slow: A hypothesis. Medical Hypotheses. vol. 132:109318.
- (2018) A review of optical methods for continuous glucose monitoring. Applied spectroscopy reviews (Softcover ed.). vol. 54 (7).
- (2018) Risk analysis for the design of a safe artificial pancreas control system. Health and Technology. vol. 9 (3).
- (2018) Micro-lensed optical fibers for a surface-enhanced Raman scattering sensing probe. Optics Letters. vol. 43 (24).
- (2018) Effect of sensor location on continuous intraperitoneal glucose sensing in an animal model. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0205447 (10).
- (2017) A Review of the Current Challenges Associated with the Development of an Artificial Pancreas by a Double Subcutaneous Approach. Diabetes Therapy. vol. 8.
- (2016) Intraperitoneal Glucose Sensing is Sometimes Surprisingly Rapid. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 37 (2).
- (2016) The artificial pancreas: a dynamic challenge. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2006) A NEW PSA SENSITIVE PROBE TO BE USED FOR PREOPERATIVE ASSESSMENT OF EXTRAPROSTATIC EXTENSION OF TUMOURS. European Urology. Supplement. vol. 5 (2).
- (2001) Temperature measurement in soft tissue using a distributed fibre Bragg-grating sensor system. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 10 (2).
- (1994) High-Resolution Diode Laser Spectroscopy of Calcium. Applied physics B.
- (1993) Effects of Noise on Transients of Injection Locked Semiconductor Lasers. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics. vol. 29 (4).
- (1991) Computer Simulations of Bistable Dynamics of a Two-Mode Laser with Symmetric or Asymmetric Gain Conditions. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics. vol. 27 (10).
- (1985) Optical penetration in human intracranial tumors. Photochemistry and Photobiology. vol. 41 (1).
- (1984) Photoradiation therapy of Lewis lung tumors in mice with low optical dose rat and high HpD-dose. Progress in clinical and biological research. vol. 170.