Ricardo Da Silva Torres
Background and activities
Ricardo da S. Torres is Professor in Visual Computing at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). He used to hold a position as a Professor at the University of Campinas, Brazil (2005 - 2019). Dr. Torres received a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering from the University of Campinas, Brazil, in 2000 and his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science at the same university in 2004. Dr. Torres has been serving as the coordinator of Master Program in Simulation and Visualisation from at NTNU since 08/2020. Dr. Torres has been developing multidisciplinary eScience research projects involving Multimedia Analysis, Multimedia Retrieval, Machine Learning, Databases, Information Visualisation, and Digital Libraries. Dr. Torres is author/co-author of more than 200 articles in refereed journals and conferences and serves as a PC member for several international and national conferences. Currently, he has been serving as Senior Associate Editor of the IEEE Signal Processing Letters and Associate Editor of the Pattern Recognition Letters. He is a member of the IEEE.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Non-technical Loss Detection in Power Grid Using Information Retrieval approaches: A Comparative Study. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) On the prediction of long-lived bugs: An analysis and comparative study using FLOSS projects. Information and Software Technology. vol. 132 (106508).
- (2021) Comparing CAM Algorithms for the Identification of Salient Image Features in Iconography Artwork Analysis. Journal of Imaging.
- (2021) A BFS-Tree of ranking references for unsupervised manifold learning. Pattern Recognition. vol. 111.
- (2020) A Soft Computing Approach for Selecting and Combining Spectral Bands. Remote Sensing. vol. 12 (14).
- (2020) Detecting face presentation attacks in mobile devices with a patch-based CNN and a sensor-aware loss function. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (9).
- (2020) Relationship between maximal aerobic power with aerobic fitness as a function of signal-to-noise ratio. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 129 (3).
- (2020) On the Fusion of Text Detection Results: A Genetic Programming Approach. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Test-retest reliability of multiscale fractal dimension measurements of plantar pressure maps during dynamic tasks. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 113.
- (2020) Pelee-Text++: A Tiny Neural Network for Scene Text Detection. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) MobText: A Compact Method for Scene Text Localization. VISIGRAPP. vol. 5.
- (2020) Image-Based Time Series Representations for Pixelwise Eucalyptus Region Classification: A Comparative Study. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters. vol. 17 (8).
- (2020) A Multirepresentational Fusion of Time Series for Pixelwise Classification. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing. vol. 13.
- (2020) Neural relational inference for disaster multimedia retrieval. Multimedia tools and applications.
- (2020) Corresponding Assessment Scenarios in Laboratory and On-Court Tests: Centrality Measurements by Complex Networks Analysis in Young Basketball Players. Scientific Reports. vol. 10 (8620).
- (2020) On the classification of fog computing applications: A machine learning perspective. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. vol. 159.
- (2020) Exploring the determinants of success in different clusters of ball possession sequences in soccer. Research in Sports Medicine: An International Journal. vol. 28 (3).
- (2020) Two-tiered face verification with low-memory footprint for mobile devices. IET Biometrics. vol. 9 (5).
- (2020) A Unified Model for Accelerating Unsupervised Iterative Re-Ranking Algorithms. Concurrency and Computation. vol. 32 (14).
- (2020) Representing Scientific Literature Evolution via Temporal Knowledge Graphs. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.