Rita V. D'Oliveira Bouman
Rita V. D'Oliveira Bouman
Researcher in Energy and Justice; Project Manager of Energy Transition Week (NETI)Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management Faculty of Economics and Management
Background and activities
Rita Vasconcellos Oliveira is a researcher in Fair and Sustainable Energy Transitions and a project manager of Energy Transitions Week at NETI. Rita has a multidisciplinary academic background in sustainability, which includes the areas of Biology and Geology, Industrial Ecology and a PhD in Social Sciences. Previously, she worked as a researcher in the Applied Ethics programme at NTNU, while completing a PhD in Sustainability Ethics. She devoted particular attention to co-benefits and trade-offs in climate change mitigation from scientific and ethical viewpoints. Rita is currently working on the justice implications of the European clean and energy transition and also on the development of economic models which include ethical dimensions.
Areas of work and interest
- Energy and Climate Justice
- Socio-Ethical Innovation
- Environmental and Intergenerational Justice
- Sustainability Ethics
- Ethical Frameworks for Decision Making
- Environmental Education
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Social Innovation for a Just Sustainable Development: Integrating the Wellbeing of Future People. Sustainability. vol. 13 (16).
- (2019) A Methodological Framework for Developing More Just Footprints: The Contribution of Footprints to Environmental Policies and Justice. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- (2018) Back to the Future: The Potential of Intergenerational Justice for the Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainability. vol. 10 (2).
- (2018) The Potential Of Co-Benefits In Climate Change Mitigation Strategy: An opportunity for Environmental and Social Justice. Journal of Social Sciences Naresuan University. vol. 14 (1).
- (2016) Ethical implications of a co-benefits rationale within climate change mitigation strategy. Etikk i praksis. vol. 10 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Conditional freedom: A governance innovation for climate justice. Environmental Justice in the Anthropocene: From (Un) Just Presents to Just Futures.
- (2011) A função educativa dos Biocativeiros como Factor modelador da Consciência Bioética. 2011.
- (2017) What are we saving for future generations? On adjusted net savings and positivity indexes. International Symposium on Environmental Justice in the Anthropocene . Colorado State University; Fort Collins, USA. 2017-04-24 - 2017-04-25.
- (2016) Are we saving enough for future generations? On genuine savings and positivity indexes. Mardis intimes de la Chaire Hoover . Catholic University of Louvain; 2016-10-11.
- (2015) The influence of the personal value frame in LCA. ISIE biennial conference . International Society for Industrial Ecology; Guildford. 2015-07-06 - 2015-07-10.
- (2015) Co-benefits Approach in CSR:Different Strategies with a common goal of sustainability. ReBus Workshop . Haas Business School from University of California, Berkeley; Berkeley, California. 2015-11-30 - 2015-12-01.