Background and activities
Researcher, PhD, with a focus on design of small satellites and their uses for Earth observation and communication. Mainly considering a maritime and Arctic focus. Have been a key contributor to setting up the Small Satellite Lab at NTNU, as well as starting and previously leading the student satellite project at NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Software Development and Integration of a Hyperspectral Imaging Payload for HYPSO-1. IEEE Xplore digital library.
- (2022) Testing of Software-Intensive Hyperspectral Imaging Payload for the HYPSO-1 CubeSat. IEEE Xplore digital library.
- (2021) A Satellite-USV System for Persistent Observation of Mesoscale Oceanographic Phenomena. Remote Sensing. vol. 13.
- (2021) Hyperspectral Image Processing Pipelines on Multiple Platforms for Coordinated Oceanographic Observation. Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing, Evolution in Remote Sensing.
- (2021) Ocean Color Hyperspectral Remote Sensing With High Resolution and Low Latency--The HYPSO-1 CubeSat Mission. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. vol. 60.
- (2021) Digital Engineering Management in an Academic CubeSat Project. Journal of Aerospace Information Systems.
- (2020) Addressing the Sustainable Development Goals with a System-of-Systems for Monitoring Arctic Coastal Regions. INCOSE International Symposium. vol. 30 (1).
- (2019) An assessment of IoT via satellite: Technologies, services and possibilities. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress. vol. 2019-October.
- (2018) Enabling the Internet of Arctic Things with Freely-Drifting Small-Satellite Swarms. IEEE Access.
- (2017) Present and the Future of Space Internet: The Space Generation Perspective. New Space. vol. 5 (4).
- (2017) Freely Drifting CubeSat Constellations for Improving Coverage for Arctic Sensor Networks. IEEE International Conference on Communications.
- (2016) Assessing the added value of the recent declaration on unregulated fishing for sustainable governance of the central Arctic Ocean. Marine Policy. vol. 66.
- (2016) The current state and the future of space internet - The space generation perspective. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress.
- (2015) Opportunities of an open-source global sensor network monitoring the radio spectrum for the (NEW) space community. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress. vol. 5.
- (2015) Communication architecture and international policy recommendations enabling the development of global cubesat space networks. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress. vol. 5.
- (2014) PROPOSAL FOR A SATELLITE COMMUNICATION PAYLOAD FOR SENSOR NETWORKS IN THE ARCTIC AREA. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Managing Product Development and Integration of a University CubeSat in a Locked down World. 2021 IEEE Aerospace Conference (50100).
- (2021) MBSE modeling of a SoS with a small satellite and autonomous surface vessels for persistent coastal monitoring. 2021 16th International System of Systems Engineering Conference (SoSE).
- (2018) Freely Drifting Small-Satellite Swarms for Sensor Networks in the Arctic. Third International Congress on Information and Communication Technology..
- (2015) The NUTS Cubesat Project: Spin-offs and Technology Development. Proc. of 22nd ESA Symposium on European Rocket and Balloon Programmes and Related Research.