Background and activities
Area of interest
- Sustainable buildings and infrastructure
- Environmental Impact Assessment (LCA, MFA, BREEAM)
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Building and Construction Masterials
- TBA 4171 Building and Material Engineering, advanced course
- TBA 4859 SIMsalaBIM
- BA 8107 Sustainable infrastructure
- Tutoring of project (9.semester) and mastertheses (10.semester)
Examples of masters theses:
- A path to BIM-based LCA for whole buildings (2011)
- Life Cyle Asessment of an Active House (2012)
- Investigating the "CO2" premium for Building Height (2015)
- Life cycle assessment of Electrification of Heavy Duty Vehicles (2017)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Flat Roofs Defects – Norwegian Building Sector Perspectives. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 290.
- (2019) Reducing fuel consumption and emissions through optimization of the vertical alignment of a road: A case study of a heavy-duty truck on the Norwegian Highway Route E39. European Transport / Trasporti Europei. vol. 71.
- (2019) Road Planning and Route Alignment Selection Criteria in the Norwegian Context. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 471 (5).
- (2019) A review of environmental impacts of winter road maintenance. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 158.
- (2017) An Analysis of the Most Adopted Rating Systems for Assessing the Environmental Impact of Buildings. Sustainability. vol. 9 (7).
- (2016) A global overview of residential building energy consumption in eight climate zones. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Exploring the CO2-Impact for Building Height; A Study on Technical Building Installations. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2016) Integration of BREEAM-NOR in construction projects: Utilizing the Last Planner System. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2016) Impact of urban density and building height on energy use in cities. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2016) High-Rise Timber Buildings as a Climate Change Mitigation Measure - A Comparative LCA of Structural System Alternatives. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2015) Evaluating Sustainability of Building Projects in Urban Planning. Procedia Economics and Finance. vol. 21.
- (2015) Environmental impact of drill and blast tunnelling: life cycle assessment. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 86.
- (2015) Life cycle assessment of Norwegian road tunnel. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 20 (2).
- (2015) Shelter and residential building energy consumption within the 450 ppm CO2eq constraints in different climate zones. Energy. vol. 90 (1).
- (2015) Determining sustainability impact assessment indicators. Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal. vol. 33 (2).
- (2014) Effect of urbanization on Chinese residential building energy consumption: Evidence from yangtze river basin. Energy Education Science and Technology Part A: Energy Science and Research. vol. 32 (5).
- (2014) Residential energy consumption and CO<sub>2</sub> emission in Chongqing, China. Energy Education Science and Technology Part A: Energy Science and Research. vol. 32 (5).
- (2014) Long-Term Performance of Rigid Plastic Foam Building Insulation. Journal of materials in civil engineering. vol. 26 (2).
- (2013) Comparison of Residential Energy Consumption in Different Geographical Areas and Relevance for Environmental Policy. Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture. vol. 7 (6).
- (2013) GREEN RESIDENTIAL BUILDING TOOLS AND EFFICIENCY METRICS. Journal of Green Building, College Publishing, USA. vol. 8 (3).