Rønnaug Astri Ødegård
Background and activities
- KLH3108 - Obesity treatment 2: Lifestyle treatment in children, bariatric surgery and pharmacotherapy
- MDV6018 - Obesity treatment 2: Surgery and Behavioural Treatment
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Maternal PCOS status and metformin in pregnancy: Steroid hormones in 5–10 years old children from the PregMet randomized controlled study. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (9).
- (2021) Allergy-related diseases and early gut fungal and bacterial microbiota abundances in children. Clinical and Translational Allergy. vol. 11 (5).
- (2021) Barn med overvekt og fedme: en kvantitativ pilotstudie av standardisert livsstilsbehandling i kommunehelsetjenesten. Fysioterapeuten.
- (2020) Modeling Obesity in Norway (The MOON Study): A Decision-Analytic Approach—Prevalence, Costs, and Years of Life Lost. Medical decision making.
- (2020) Genetic associations with temporal shifts in obesity and severe obesity during the obesity epidemic in Norway: A longitudinal population-based cohort (the HUNT Study). PLoS Medicine.
- (2020) Separating the genetics of childhood and adult obesity: a validation study of genetic scores for body mass index in adolescence and adulthood in the HUNT Study. Human Molecular Genetics.
- (2020) Early gut fungal and bacterial microbiota and childhood growth. Frontiers in pediatrics. vol. 8.
- (2019) Health-related quality of life after camp-based family obesity treatment: an RCT. BMJ Paediatrics Open. vol. 3 (1).
- (2019) Quantifying the impact of genes on body mass index during the obesity epidemic: Longitudinal findings from the HUNT Study. The BMJ. vol. 366.
- (2019) Intrauterine metformin exposure and offspring cardiometabolic risk factors (PedMet study): a 5-10 year follow-up of the PregMet randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health. vol. 3 (3).
- (2018) Metformin use in PCOS pregnancies increases the risk of offspring overweight at 4 years of age: follow-up of two RCTs. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 103 (4).
- (2018) Fetal growth and birth anthropometrics in metformin-exposed offspring born to mothers with PCOS. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 103 (2).
- (2017) Camp-based family treatment of childhood obesity: randomised controlled trial. Archives of Disease in Childhood. vol. 102 (4).
- (2017) Early gut mycobiota and mother-offspring transfer. Microbiome. vol. 5 (1).
- (2015) Family intervention targeting obese children: Treatment cost differences of two standardized programs. Obesity Facts.
- (2014) Single versus multiple-family intervention in childhood overweight - Finnmark Activity School: A randomised trial. Archives of Disease in Childhood. vol. 99 (3).
- (2013) A randomised study on the effectiveness of therapist-led v. self-help parental intervention for treating childhood obesity. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 110 (6).
- (2012) Change in Body Fat during a Family-Based Treatment of Obesity in Children: The Relative Importance of Energy Intake and Physical Activity. Obesity Facts. vol. 5 (4).
- (2011) Treatment of obesity in children: Parent's perceived emotional barriers as predictor of change in body fat. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 5 (3).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training reduces cardiovascular risk factors more than a multi treatment approach in overweight adolescents. Clinical Science. vol. 116 (3-4).