Rønnaug Astri Ødegård
Background and activities
Pediatric endocrinologist, PhD, leader of the Center of Obesity Research and Innovation at St. Olav university hospital in Trondheim (ObeCe),with more than 15 yaers experience in reasearch and clinic in obesity with emphazise on childhood.obesity and PCOS. Research interests cover a broad specter including clinical research, health service research and obesity prevention.
Main current projects
FatSO: Fatty liver disease characterization by Sonography, the new SURF-Liver
Can increased knowledge about body image improve health care for families with children with obesity? A joint initiative between Trondheim municipality, NTNU and ObeCe
EurEvira: Testing the effect of a novel e-health technology in the treatment of childhood obesity
“e-BATTLE Obesity”: eHealth Based treatment of Adolescent obesity with Low energy diet and semaglutide
- MDV6018 - Obesity treatment 2: Surgery and Behavioural Treatment
- KLH3108 - Obesity treatment 2: Lifestyle treatment in children, bariatric surgery and pharmacotherapy
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Maternal PCOS status and metformin in pregnancy: Steroid hormones in 5–10 years old children from the PregMet randomized controlled study. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (9).
- (2021) Barn med overvekt og fedme: en kvantitativ pilotstudie av standardisert livsstilsbehandling i kommunehelsetjenesten. Fysioterapeuten.
- (2021) Allergy-related diseases and early gut fungal and bacterial microbiota abundances in children. Clinical and Translational Allergy. vol. 11 (5).
- (2020) Modeling Obesity in Norway (The MOON Study): A Decision-Analytic Approach—Prevalence, Costs, and Years of Life Lost. Medical decision making.
- (2020) Genetic associations with temporal shifts in obesity and severe obesity during the obesity epidemic in Norway: A longitudinal population-based cohort (the HUNT Study). PLoS Medicine.
- (2020) Separating the genetics of childhood and adult obesity: a validation study of genetic scores for body mass index in adolescence and adulthood in the HUNT Study. Human Molecular Genetics.
- (2020) Early gut fungal and bacterial microbiota and childhood growth. Frontiers in pediatrics. vol. 8.
- (2019) Health-related quality of life after camp-based family obesity treatment: an RCT. BMJ Paediatrics Open. vol. 3 (1).
- (2019) Quantifying the impact of genes on body mass index during the obesity epidemic: Longitudinal findings from the HUNT Study. The BMJ. vol. 366.
- (2019) Intrauterine metformin exposure and offspring cardiometabolic risk factors (PedMet study): a 5-10 year follow-up of the PregMet randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health. vol. 3 (3).
- (2018) Metformin use in PCOS pregnancies increases the risk of offspring overweight at 4 years of age: follow-up of two RCTs. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 103 (4).
- (2018) Fetal growth and birth anthropometrics in metformin-exposed offspring born to mothers with PCOS. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 103 (2).
- (2017) Camp-based family treatment of childhood obesity: randomised controlled trial. Archives of Disease in Childhood. vol. 102 (4).
- (2017) Early gut mycobiota and mother-offspring transfer. Microbiome. vol. 5 (1).
- (2015) Family intervention targeting obese children: Treatment cost differences of two standardized programs. Obesity Facts.
- (2014) Single versus multiple-family intervention in childhood overweight - Finnmark Activity School: A randomised trial. Archives of Disease in Childhood. vol. 99 (3).
- (2013) A randomised study on the effectiveness of therapist-led v. self-help parental intervention for treating childhood obesity. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 110 (6).
- (2012) Change in Body Fat during a Family-Based Treatment of Obesity in Children: The Relative Importance of Energy Intake and Physical Activity. Obesity Facts. vol. 5 (4).
- (2011) Treatment of obesity in children: Parent's perceived emotional barriers as predictor of change in body fat. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 5 (3).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training reduces cardiovascular risk factors more than a multi treatment approach in overweight adolescents. Clinical Science. vol. 116 (3-4).