Kumar Ranjan Rout
Background and activities
Working closely together with several international chemical industries through centre for industrial catalysis science and innovation (iCSI), SFI and developing special tools based on artificial intelligence and machine learning for optimization of chemical industries operation in real time to achieve higher yields, lower cost and less emissions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Highly selective CO removal by sorption enhanced Boudouard reaction for hydrogen production. Catalysis science & technology. vol. 9 (15).
- (2018) Production of high pressure pure H2 by pressure swing sorption enhanced steam reforming (PS-SESR) of byproducts in biorefinery. Applied Energy. vol. 222.
- (2018) Effect of oxide additives on the hydrotalcite derived Ni catalysts for CO2 reforming of methane. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 377.
- (2017) On the effects of K and La co-promotion on CuCl2/γ-Al2O3 catalysts for the oxychlorination of ethylene. Catalysis Today. vol. 299 (C).
- (2017) Steam methane reforming on a Ni-based bimetallic catalyst: Density functional theory and experimental studies of the catalytic consequence of surface alloying of Ni with Ag. Catalysis science & technology. vol. 7 (8).
- (2017) Understanding of potassium promoter effects on oxychlorination of ethylene by operando spatial-time resolved UV–vis–NIR spectrometry. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 352.
- (2016) Highly Active and Stable CeO2-Promoted CuCl2/Al2O3 Oxychlorination Catalysts Developed by Rational Design Using a Rate Diagram of the Catalytic Cycle. ACS Catalysis. vol. 6 (10).
- (2015) A numerical study of fixed bed reactor modelling for steam methane reforming process. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 93 (7).
- (2014) Kinetic rate of CO2 uptake of a synthetic Ca-based sorbent: Experimental data and numerical simulaitons. Fuel. vol. 120.
- (2013) A numerical study of pellet model consistency with respect to molar and mass average velocities, pressure gradients and porosity models for methanol synthesis process: Effects of flux models on reactor performance. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 91 (2).
- (2013) A numerical study of pellets having both catalytic- and capture properties for SE-SMR process: Kinetic- and product layer diffusion controlled regimes. Fuel processing technology. vol. 106.
- (2013) Simulation of pellet model with multicomponent mass diffusion closure using least squares spectral element solution method. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 91 (9).
- (2012) Reactor performance optimization by the use of a novel combined pellet reflecting both catalyst and adsorbent properties. Fuel processing technology. vol. 99.
- (2011) A numerical study of multicomponent mass diffusion and convection in porous pellets for the sorption-enhanced steam methane reforming and desorption processes. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 66 (18).
- (2012) A Study of the Sorption Enhanced Steam Methane Reforming Process. 2012. ISBN 978-82-471-4074-1.