Rune Berg-Edland Larsen
Background and activities
- GEOL3092 - Special Course for the Master's Thesis
- TGB4120 - Ore-Deposit Modelling
- TGB4115 - Mineral Deposit Geology
- TGB4585 - Mineral Production and Resource Geology, Specialization Course
- TGB4580 - Mineral Production and Resource Geology, Specialization Project
- GEOL3093 - Special Course for the Master's Thesis
- TGB4295 - Quantitative Mineralogy
- GEOL3090 - Master's Thesis in Geology
- GEOL3095 - Master's Thesis in Geology
- TGB4950 - Mineral Production and Resource Geology, Master's Thesis
- TGB4232 - Resource Geology
- GB8410 - Resource Geology
- GEOL1005 - Geometallurgy
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Late Neoproterozoic–Silurian tectonic evolution of the Rödingsfjället Nappe Complex, orogen-scale correlations and implications for the Scandian suture. Geological Society Special Publication. vol. 503.
- (2020) Mixing of heterogeneous, high-MgO, plume-derived magmas at the base of the crust in the Central Iapetus Magmatic Province (Ma 610-550): Origin of parental magmas to a global LIP event. Lithos. vol. 364-365.
- (2019) in situ evidence of earthquakes near the crust mantle boundary initiated by mantle co2 fluxing and reaction-driven strain softening. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. vol. 524.
- (2019) Magnetic Mineralogy and Petrophysical Properties of Ultramafic Rocks: Consequences for Crustal Magnetism. Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems. vol. 20 (4).
- (2018) Portrait of a giant deep-seated magmatic conduit system: The Seiland Igneous Province. Lithos. vol. 296-299.
- (2016) X-ray Microprobe Investigation of Iron During a Simulated Silicon Feedstock Extraction Process. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 47 (6).
- (2016) Crystallization and uplift path of late Variscan granites evidenced by quartz chemistry and fluid inclusions: Example from the Land's End granite, SW England. Lithos. vol. 252-253.
- (2016) Orogenic degassing, scapolitization and K-metasomatism during Caledonian exhumation, Helgeland, Norway. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 96 (3).
- (2016) Anatomy of a deep crustal volcanic conduit system; The Reinfjord Ultramafic Complex, Seiland Igneous Province, Northern Norway. Lithos. vol. 252-253.
- (2015) The chemistry of quartz in granitic pegmatites of southern Norway: Petrogenetic and economic implications. Economic Geology and The Bulletin of the Society of Economic Geologists. vol. 110 (7).
- (2015) Late-magmatic immiscibility during batholith formation: assessment of B isotopes and trace elements in tourmaline from the Land’s End granite, SW England. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology. vol. 169 (6).
- (2015) Geological setting, emplacement mechanism and igneous evolution of the Atchiza mafic-ultramafic layered suite in north-west Mozambique. Journal of African Earth Sciences. vol. 111.
- (2013) Trace Elements in the Si Furnace. Part II: Analysis of Condensate in Carbothermal Reduction of Quartz. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 44 (2).
- (2013) Trace Elements in the Si Furnace. Part I: Behavior of Impurities in Quartz During Reduction. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 44 (2).
- (2012) Synchrotron-based microprobe investigation of impurities in raw quartz-bearing and carbon-bearing feedstock materials for photovoltaic application. Progress in Photovoltaics. vol. 20 (2).
- (2009) Trace element chemistry and textures of quartz during the magmatic-hydrothermal transition of Oslo rift granites. Mineralogical magazine. vol. 73 (4).
- (2009) Trace element evolution of quartz in the charnockitic Kleivan granite, SW-Norway: The Ge/Ti ratio of quartz as an index of igneous differentiation. Lithos. vol. 107 (3-4).
- (2009) Coupled trace element mobilisation and strain softening in quartz during retrograde fluid infiltration in dry granulite protoliths. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology. vol. 157 (2).
- (2009) Origin and implications of zoned amphiboles and other hydrous silicates during aqueous brine infiltration in the Bamble mega shearzone, S-Norway. EOS. vol. 90 (52).
- (2008) Natural refinement of silicon raw-material. Teknisk rapport / Luleå tekniska universitet. vol. 03.