Rune Strand Ødegård
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Climate change threatens archaeologically significant ice patches: insights into their age, internal structure, mass balance and climate sensitivity. The Cryosphere. vol. 11.
- (2012) The climatic significance of artefacts related to prehistoric reindeer hunting exposed at melting ice patches in southern Norway. The Holocene. vol. 22 (4).
- (2012) The Arctic Coastal Dynamics Database: A New Classification Scheme and Statistics on Arctic Permafrost Coastlines. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science. vol. 35 (2).
- (2011) Air and Ground Temperature Variations Observed along Elevation and Continentality Gradients in Southern Norway. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 22 (4).
- (2011) Degrading Mountain Permafrost in Southern Norway: Spatial and Temporal Variability of Mean Ground Temperatures, 1999–2009. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 22 (4).
- (2010) The Thermal State of Permafrost in the Nordic Area during the International Polar Year 2007-2009. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 21 (2).
- (2009) Towards a calculation of organic carbon release from erosion of Arctic coasts using non-fractal coastline datasets. Marine Geology. vol. 257 (1-4).
- (2008) MAGST in Mountain Permafrost, Dovrefjell, Southern Norway, 2001-2006. ?.
- (2003) 1D-DC-resistivity depth soundings in high mountain areas of Southern Norway - a tool in permafrost investigations. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie.
- (2002) Montain permafrost distribution in Dovrefjell and Jotunheimen, southern Norway, based on BTS and DC resistivity tomography data. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 56.
- (2002) Technological concepts for modelling, monitoring and mapping the terrestrail cryosphere on continental to global scale. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 56.
- (2002) Techn. concepts for modelling, monitoring and mapping the terrestrial cryosphere on the continental to global scale. Ukjent.
- (2001) Mapping and modelling the occurence and distribution of mountain permafrost. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 55 (4).
- (2001) Terrain parameters and remote sensing in the analysis of permafrost distribution and periglacial processes: Principles and examples from southern Norway. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 12 (1).
- (2000) Glacier characteristic and sediment transfer systems of Longyearbreen and Larsbreen, western Spitsbergen. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 54 (4).
- (2000) Composition, flow and development of two tounge-shaped rock glaciers in the permafrost of Svalbard. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes. vol. 11.
- (1999) Comparison of annual changes in winter ERS-1 SAR images and glacier mass balance of Slakbreen, Svalbard. International Journal of Remote Sensing. vol. 20 (2).
- (1999) Comparison of BTS and Landsat TM data from Jotunheimen, southern Norway. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 53.
- (1997) Comparison of radio-echo sounding (30MHz-1000MHz) and high resolution borehole temperature measurements at Finsterwalderbreen, southern Spitsbergen, Svalbard. Annals of Glaciology. vol. 24.
- (1996) Glacier debris accumulation and sediment deformation influenced by permafrost, examples from Svalbard. Annals of Glaciology. vol. 22.