Background and activities
I am currently a Marie Curie Post Doctoral Fellow in the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory, at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway. I'm also a guest researcher at the Laboratoire de Traitement et Transport de l'Information (L2TI), Institut Galilée, University Paris 13, France. Previously I was a Post Doctoral Fellow at the computer vision group at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) (Berkeley, California). I would be moving to Norwegian ColorLab at NTNU, Norway at the end of 2016 to start a three year projected (CCSF-Quality: Defining new Chromatic Contrast Sensitivity Functions for improved quality assessment and quality enhancement) funded through the highly competitive FRIPRO (Independent Projects) mobility grant for young researchers awarded through the Research Council of Norway.
I finished my PhD at the Computer Vision Group at the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena (Germany) in March 2015. The title of my work was “Aesthetic Quality Assessment of Paintings” and was supervised by Prof. Joachim Denzler, and Prof. Chris Redies.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Preference for well-balanced saliency in details cropped from photographs. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- (2014) Evaluating the Rule of Thirds in Photographs and Paintings. Art & Perception.
- (2013) Statistical image properties of print advertisements, visual artworks and images of architecture. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2013) From regular text to artistic writing and artworks: Fourier statistics of images with low and high aesthetic appeal. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- (2012) Human optic sensitivity computation based on singular value decomposition. Optica Applicata.
- (2010) Adaptive non-negative bases for reconstruction of spectral data from colorimetric information. Optical Review.
- (2008) Reconstruction of reflectance spectra using weighted principal component analysis. Color Research and Application.
- (2015) Aesthetic Quality Assessment of Paintings. 2015. ISBN 978-3-8439-2191-6.
- (2013) JenAesthetics-a Public Dataset of Paintings for Aesthetic Research. 2013.
- (2017) Using Color Difference Equations for Calculating Gradient Images. International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet Based Systems. (SITIS) . SITIS; Jaipur. 2017-12-04 - 2017-12-07.
- (2017) Judging Aesthetic Quality in Paintings Based on Artistic Inspired Color Features. The International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA) ; Sydney. 2017-11-29 - 2017-12-01.
- (2014) Jenaesthetics subjective dataset: Analyzing paintings by subjective scores. Workshop at the European Conference on Computer Vision, ECCV ; 2014-09-06 - 2014-09-12.
- (2013) Color: A Crucial Factor for Aesthetic Quality Assessment in a Subjective Database of Paintings. 12th Congress of the International Colour Association (AIC) ; 2013-07-08 - 2013-07-12.
- (2013) How self-similar are artworks at different levels of spatial resolution?. Symposium on Computational Aesthetics ; 2013-07-19 - 2013-07-21.
- (2012) PHOG analysis of self-similarity in aesthetic images. S&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging ; 2012-01-22 - 2012-01-26.
- (2012) PHOG-Derived Aesthetic Measures Applied to Color Photographs of Artworks, Natural Scenes and Objects. Workshop at the European Conference on Computer Vision, ECCV ; 2012-10-07 - 2012-10-13.
- (2011) Spatial-temporal Video Quality Metric based on an estimation of QoE. Third International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) ; 2011-09-07 - 2011-09-09.
- (2008) IfN/Farsi-Database: A Database of Farsi Handwritten City Names. International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition ; 2008-08-19 - 2008-08-21.
- (2007) A new approach for image quality assessment using SVD. 9th International Symposium on Signal Processing and Its Applications, 2007. ISSPA 2007 ; 2007-02-12 - 2007-02-15.