Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Modeling occupant behavior in buildings. Building and Environment. vol. 174 (106768).
- (2020) Can CO2 sensors in the ventilation system of a pool facility help reduce the variability in the trihalomethane concentration observed in indoor air?. Environment International. vol. 138 (105665).
- (2019) A data-driven procedure to model occupancy and occupant-related electric load profiles in residential buildings for energy simulation. Energy and Buildings. vol. 202.
- (2019) Robust and resilient buildings: A framework for defining the protection against climate uncertainty. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 609.
- (2019) Towards climate robust buildings: an innovative method for designing buildings with robust energy performance under climate change. Energy and Buildings. vol. 202.
- (2019) Impacts of the future weather data type on the energy simulation of buildings – Investigating long-term patterns of climate change and extreme weather conditions. Applied Energy. vol. 238.
- (2019) Energy use and perceived health in indoor swimming pool facilities. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 609 (042051).
- (2018) Review of adaptive thermal comfort models in built environmental regulatory documents. Building and Environment. vol. 137.
- (2018) Assessing energy-smartness in smart cities. Building Services Engineering Research & Technology. vol. 39 (1).
- (2018) Development of the ASHRAE Global Thermal Comfort Database II. Building and Environment. vol. 142.
- (2018) A holistic approach to assess the exploitation of renewable energy sources for design interventions in the early design phases. Energy and Buildings. vol. 175.
- (2017) An Analysis of the Most Adopted Rating Systems for Assessing the Environmental Impact of Buildings. Sustainability. vol. 9 (7).
- (2017) Empirical validation and local sensitivity analysis of a lumped-parameter thermal model of an outdoor test cell. Building and Environment. vol. 130.
- (2017) An Exergy Analysis for Milano Smart City. Energy Procedia. vol. 111.
- (2017) The impact of climate change on the overheating risk in dwellings–A Dutch case study. Building and Environment. vol. 122.
- (2017) The Sustainability Challenge: How Multi-Cultural and Interdisciplinary Groups of Master Students Achieve Sustainable Architecture in Shanghai. AMPS PROCEEDINGS SERIES.
- (2017) Boosting solar accessibility and potential of urban districts in the Nordic climate: A case study in Trondheim. Solar Energy. vol. 149.
- (2017) Critical Analysis of Software Tools Aimed at Generating Future Weather Files with a view to their use in Building Performance Simulation. Energy Procedia. vol. 132C.
- (2017) The impact of design ventilation rates on the indoor air quality in residential buildings: an Italian case study. Indoor and Built Environment. vol. 26 (10).
- (2017) On occupant-centric building performance metrics. Building and Environment. vol. 122.