Sampsa Matias Ilmari Kohtala
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Detecting glass and metal in consumer trash bags during waste collection using convolutional neural networks. Waste Management. vol. 119.
- (2021) Photogrammetry-based 3D scanning for supporting design activities and testing in early stage product development. Procedia CIRP. vol. 100.
- (2021) Leveraging synthetic data from CAD models for training object detection models – a VR industry application case. Procedia CIRP. vol. 100.
- (2021) Prosthetic socket rotation stability - A mock limb study on different suspension systems. Gait & Posture. vol. 90 (1).
- (2020) TrollBOT: A Spontaneous Networking Tool Facilitating Rapid Prototyping of Wirelessly Communicating Products. Procedia CIRP. vol. 91.
- (2019) From Hand-Drawn Sketching to Laser Cutting - A Proof of Concept Prototype and Pilot Study. Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering Design. vol. 1.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Bringing Reality Back to Virtual Reality - A Collaborative Tool for Multidisciplinary Teams. Proceedings of the NordDesign 2020 conference August 11 – 14, 2020 Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- (2019) A Combined Photoplethysmography and Force Sensor Prototype for Improved Pulse Waveform Analysis. 2019 IEEE SENSORS Proceedings.
- (2018) Augmenting Physical Prototype Activities in Early-Stage Product Development. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.