Background and activities
Sebastian Arndt is a post doc at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, in Trondheim. He studied Computer Science at Technische Universität Berlin and received his diploma in 2010. He received his doctoral degree (Dr.-Ing.) in 2015 with the thesis title 'Neural Correlates of Quality During Perception of Audiovisual Stimuli' from TU Berlin in the group of 'Quality and Usability'.
His current research is focusing on usability evaluation methods, and developing user requirements (user-centered design) in the context of TV broadcasting which also includes evaluating implemented systems. He is carrying out his work in the context of the VisualMedia project which is funded by the EU commission.
Furthermore, his research interests are in the area of Quality of Experience (QoE) of multimedia and using (neuro)physiological methods to enhance well-being and quality of life.
For a full list of previous publications please see: http://www.qu.tu-berlin.de/menue/team/alumni/sebastian_arndt/
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Using electroencephalography to analyze sleepiness due to low-quality audiovisual stimuli. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 42.
- (2016) Psychophysiology-based QoE Assessment: A Survey. IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing.
- (2016) Did you notice it? – How can we predict the subjective detection of video quality changes from eye movements?. IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing. vol. 11 (1).
- (2014) Using Electroencephalography to Measure Perceived Video Quality. IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Analyzing Speech Quality Perception using Electro-Encephalography. IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing. vol. 6 (6).
- (2016) Neural Correlates of Quality During Perception of Audiovisual Stimuli. Springer. 2016. ISBN 978-981-10-0248-9. T-Labs Series in Telecommunication Services (1).
- (2016) Enhancing Video Streaming Using Real-Time Gaze Tracking. 5th ISCA/DEGA Workshop on Perceptual Quality of Systems ; Berlin. 2016-08-29 - 2016-08-31.
- (2016) Review on using physiology in quality of experience. IS&T Human Vision and Electronic Imaging 2016 ; 2016-02-14 - 2016-02-18.
- (2016) Opportunities of Social Media in TV Broadcasting. NordiCHI 2016 ; Gothenborg. 2016-10-23 - 2016-10-27.
- (2015) Impact of Perceived Quality and other Influencing Factors on Emotional Video Experience. Seventh Int. Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience 2015 (QoMEX 2015) ; 2015-05-26 - 2015-05-29.