Background and activities
I am working on NTNU's Digital Transformation Project called World of Wild Waters (WoWW) in which my role is to create digital twins of natural hazards in Norway by gamification of immersive virtual environments using sensor based digital storytelling targeting floods and landslides. This will be done by creating an immersive and participatory user experience for deeper understanding of the natural hazard through use of new digital media, especially virtual reality (VR) by developing a framework for presenting realistic VR based scenarios for risk perception.
Also a part of XR-NTNU which is a joint initiative to gather XR research and innovation at NTNU and SINTEF.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Wayfinding in virtual reality serious game: An exploratory study in the context of user perceived experiences. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (17).
- (2019) Solving Complex Issues through Immersive Narratives — Does QoE Play a Role?. SIGMM Records.
- (2020) Serious Storytelling in Virtual Reality: The Role of Digital Narrative to Trigger Mediated Presence and Behavioral Responses. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2020. ISBN 978-1-4503-7587-0.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Increasing User Engagement in Virtual Reality:The Role of Interactive Digital Narratives to Trigger Emotional Responses. NordiCHI '20: Shaping Experiences, Shaping Society, Proceedings of the 11th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.
- (2019) Towards a Quality Framework for Immersive Media Experiences: A Holistic Approach. 12th International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, ICIDS 2019..
- (2021) A Virtual Reality Tool for Hazard and Risk Mitigation of Landslides through Serious Gamification. INTERPRAEVENT 2021 . Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE); Bergen. 2021-05-31 - 2021-06-02.